Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 17.03.2006, 12:05 AM
New here
New here

Default Hello, new to forum so first post and have a question...

Hi there,
Nice to meet you all. Just thought I'd post a quick note saying ello and all that stuff.

I've just invested in a new Virus TI and have had quite a bit of grief getting it working. On the upside, it brought me to this forum.

I've read through previous posts etc and I'm pretty sure I'm getting the same issues everyone else is, but just to clarify here's what happens:

1) I connect my Virus TI (OS 1.09) via USB directly to my notebook (modest 2GHz, 1GB RAM) and it detects it etc so no probs there.
2) I then fire up FL Studio (which is using my ESI QuataFire 610 ASIO 2.0 driver for output) and load up the Virus Control plugin. Every other sound from FL studio sounds fine...but when I play the Virus I get the much-reported digitial screech craziness. I hate that sound man, it's the sound of my investment not doing what it was advertised to do. But I'm converted so I shall wait and hope, and trial away

My question is: Am I doing anything wrong? This should work, no? Is this what some of you are getting as well? I know the work arounds etc...but I got the Virus TI because of the VST angle as much as the sounds.

Thanks in advance and again, nice to meet you all.
Danny

8O
Old 17.03.2006, 07:25 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

IT seems that the Virus TI is only supported on a handful of software sequencers. Have you checked that FL is one of them.

For example Cubase SX3 is supported, Cubase SX1 isn't, neither is Nuendo 3!

I would start by checking this - don't understand it myself but something I have found.

Drammy
Old 17.03.2006, 09:58 AM
This forum member lives here

I dont think FL is supported yet (but correct me if im wrong)....so trying to use it might be causing conflicts and weirdness in your TI. Personally I love the loud uncontrollable bangs and screeches.....keeps you alert doesnt it.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 17.03.2006, 09:18 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
I dont think FL is supported yet (but correct me if im wrong)....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
It seems that the Virus TI is only supported on a handful of software sequencers. Have you checked that FL is one of them.
Ahh. damn it. That didn't even occur to me...that sucks. OK, noob question -- where do I check if FL Studio 6.08 is supported? Are there any road maps for sequencer support from Access?

Thanks,
Danny
Old 18.03.2006, 06:43 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Just check your documents that came with the TI, there should be something there that says which hosts are compatible

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.03.2006, 08:54 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Fruity loops 8O Everyone to there own mate...But it isn't really a professional program ..Is there any chance you can jump ship to a proper sequencer?? if you think a new sequencer is to complicated to learn then buy a set of these DVDs from this Dealer in Canada http://www.askvideo.com once you know which Sequencer you want to change too...
I can recommend these DVDs from Beginner to Pro...They are very well explained and show you exactly what to do...
Theres a DEMO https://askvideo.com/videos/LogicL3/...de83927e90d28f
I have the whole Cubase series ,i shortly afterwards jumped ship to Logic cause the other half of "The Girl next door" couldn't get his head around Cubase,i now agree that Logic is the better Sequencer...I can recommend these DVDs from Beginner to Pro...
(There is no problem for them to ship international)
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 28.03.2006, 09:14 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Fruity loops 8O Everyone to there own mate...But it isn't really a professional program ..Is there any chance you can jump ship to a proper sequencer??
Fruity Loops? (which it hasn't been called for years...) jump ship to a proper sequencer?? (...because it now is a proper sequencer with mixer, routing, envelopes, audio tracks etc).

Thanks for the advice, but you've put me off listening to anything further you've said in this post with such sheep-like remarks. Everyone to there own, and my own includes listening to files done in scream tracker with more originality than many a logic, cubase or fl studio-geek.
Old 28.03.2006, 09:42 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Logic....better than Cubase....errrr...ok

One word

Enviroment

the worst thought out programming mistake since bars-and-pipes bit the dust over ten years ago.

Hideous, absolutely hideous, and I'm a dedicated Mac user too.

Cubase, Digital Performer & Pro-Tools all make Logic look stupid.
But you wont find me stating which is the best, lifes too short.
Old 28.03.2006, 10:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

The girl next door: I know many professional producers using FLStudio(and I'm using it myself, had a few releases so far). It probably been a long while since you used it. It really is great and even tho I like Cubase SX3(I bought it), I really prefer FLStudio.
Old 28.03.2006, 10:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

DannyA - if you have an audio and midi interface allready, you may want to try disconnecting the USB cable from the TI for now and using it as a regular hardware synth if the problems you are experiencing arfe too frequent and/or troublesome to live with.

I use it with Cubase SX 3 on a PC and mostly it is quite well behaved.

The other conseration (that is nothing more than speculation on my part based upon having a TI for nearly 6 months) is that it seems very sensitive to the clock stabilility of your sound card.

Even when using the USB connection, unless the TI is also acting as your ASIO audio interface, then your sequencer will typically sync its tempo clock to the audio clock. If the audio clock is a little jittery, or the sequencer is not very good at deriving an absolutely rock solid stable midi (tempo) clock from the audio card, then the TI seems to get upset - crashes, screaches, arp sync issues, stuck notes etc all become far more likely.

Even synths that many would consider to be rock solid and reliable may start to make odd squeaks with unstable clocks. The instability will rarely be enough for you to notice as audiable jitters (really bad jiters may give a tiny momentary pitch change in audio), but can easily be enough to upset the TI and aggrivate underlying problems in it.

Other fixes to explore - increase audio latencies, decrease sample rate (if above 44.1K) - either can take a bit of timing stress off the application and enable it to maintain more accurate timing - which can help the TI be much more stable.

Someone suggested that if your audio card has a SPDIF input that can force the audio card to slave-sync to the TI (from its SPDIF out), then everything can get alot more stable.