Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 05.02.2005, 10:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to scr
Default Virus TI and export ( how 'bounce' works with the TI) ?

Hello, I Would like to know how the 'export' works with the TI and a Sequencer.

If I work with Cubase, will I be able to export my TI midi tracks in real time like with any VSTi or will I have to record them in audio tracks before I can render them in wav, Aiff or Mp3 format ?

Thanks.
Old 05.02.2005, 10:47 PM
This forum member lives here

I imagine it will be much the same as you are used to working now....

You record the MIDI tracks first, then when you are ready, set up an audio track and choose it's input (either USB or audio input) and then hit record.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 05.02.2005, 11:57 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Im not convinced because The TI works is a Hardware/Software/Audio card
If if you want to bounce you tracks and If you use the TI as an audio card the Ti midi informations could be easily converted without pre-recording them in audio tracks.

If think Total integration goes far away than just controlling your Virus in your sequencer.

Can someone from Access tell us if it possible ?
Old 06.02.2005, 04:06 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, true bounce function would be wicked! I usually work at a low sample rate and bounce my mixdowns at 176Khz. Most plugins and soft synths sound better when renederd this way.
I get the feeling the dsp engine of the TI would be fixed at a high internal rate regardless of the Asio sample rate, all streams via usb would be down sampled to meet the Asio rate.
Thats just my guess. Otherwise you would get differnt voice counts for 44.1Khz than at 96Khz.

This brings up another question about the USB 1.1, can it handle the amount of streams if you were working at 192Khz in Asio?
Old 06.02.2005, 10:25 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

But there is a lot of audio card that use USB1 protocol.
You can bounce the tracks in the sequencer without problem.
(If im not wrong). so I think the Ti could it.
Old 06.02.2005, 10:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr
But there is a lot of audio card that use USB1 protocol.
You can bounce the tracks in the sequencer without problem.
(If im not wrong). so I think the Ti could it.
My point here was not bouncing but just setting your project at 196Khz and working with 3stereo busses from the TI and wether there was enough bandwith on USB 1.1 for that many tracks.
Old 06.02.2005, 05:01 PM
New here
New here

Default It's USB 2, not USB 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
My point here was not bouncing but just setting your project at 196Khz and working with 3stereo busses from the TI and wether there was enough bandwith on USB 1.1 for that many tracks.
The Access web site says it's USB 2, not USB 1.1. USB 2 at 480Kb is roughly equivalent to Firewire 400, so we're in the right ballpark at least.

It's a pity they didn't use Firewire, as there's less host CPU overhead associated with sustained data transfer over Firewire plus Firewire is inherently peer-to-peer and designed to chain well. I dream of the day when I have everything I need on a Firewire 800 bus off my Powerbook.

But it's still absolutely wonderful to have the audio routed over the USB!
Old 06.02.2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: It's USB 2, not USB 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddp
Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
The Access web site says it's USB 2, not USB 1.1. USB 2 at 480Kb is roughly equivalent to Firewire 400, so we're in the right ballpark at least.

It's a pity they didn't use Firewire, as there's less host CPU overhead associated with sustained data transfer over Firewire plus Firewire is inherently peer-to-peer and designed to chain well. I dream of the day when I have everything I need on a Firewire 800 bus off my Powerbook.

But it's still absolutely wonderful to have the audio routed over the USB!
It is USB 1.1 compatible with 2.0 ports though. So it runs 1.1 not 2.0.
Old 07.02.2005, 01:53 AM
New here
New here

Default Re: It's USB 2, not USB 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
It is USB 1.1 compatible with 2.0 ports though. So it runs 1.1 not 2.0.
Hum, I'm not quite sure what you mean by, "runs 1.1". You're either USB 2 or you're not. Any USB 2 device is "compatible" with USB 1, meaning a USB 2 device can fall-back and communicate with USB 1 devices (at the slower USB 1 speed).

But that's certainly not how you'd want to configure the TI ("Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices"). You'd want to use a pure USB 2 chain. I'd expect "full" USB 2 speed when so configured. Otherwise I'm not following where the bandwidth is coming from either...

See http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm for more info on USB compatibility.
Old 07.02.2005, 03:24 AM

USB 2.0 ports are backwards compatible with 1.1. So in other words you can use the virus TI, which is 1.1, on a 2.0 port.