Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.02.2005, 05:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddp
If that's true, then I'd argue that their website is misleading. They say the TI's, "Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices" and that implies it's a USB 2 device. You'd never say an older device was "compatible" with a newer protocol; it's the other way around -- being "compatible" with USB 2 means it's a USB 2 device.
Apparently there were compatibility problems when USB2.0 was first introduced, which meant that some USB devices didn't work properly with USB2.0 interfaces. The wording in the specs is, AFAIK, exactly what the USB society told Access they should write concerning this issue.
in case somebody wants to learn more about it:

http://www.usb.org/developers/packaging

you need to scroll down "Low or Full-speed Product Packaging Recommendations" and read on

best, marc
Old 08.02.2005, 11:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to scr

Can we have a clear answer to the original question please ?
Can we bounce TI midi tracks in real time so we d'ont need to record them in Audio tracks firrt ?
In fact if Its not possible I will to buy another audio card with multi I/O.
With the TI it will start to cost a bit .....
Old 09.02.2005, 02:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

scr: I'm pretty sure it does...I mean, it HAS to

If it isnt the case, TI is losing quite a bit of appeal to me!
Old 31.03.2005, 06:45 AM
New here
New here

As you work with Cubase SX, you should have a look at "realtime export". Ive heard that not all host can do this. But if you mix VSTi tracks and Virus tracks in a song, you will have a delay on the virus tracks. Maybe Access is working on a delay compensator to put it on the delayed tracks. Within Cubase SX2 the automatic delay compensation doesnt work in this case, it is the same problem with my EMU Power FX thing. I dont know if Cubase SX3 can do compensation for real time exports.

Other thing i am asking myself, if Virus TI will supply multiple (16?) outs within the Host !?
Old 06.04.2016, 06:30 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I have my Virus Snow first 2 patches go through Stereo 1&2 patches 3&4 go to stereo 3&4. So I have to record virus to audio tracks two at time.

"the TI will let you record more parts at a time from separate outputs"

Will this allow me (for instance if recording 4 parts like in Snow) to give them their own outputs to their own audio tracks and record all parts in 1 pass rather then the way I am because of the shared stereo output?

Does that make sense? I'm trying to see if there is a way to speed up the process even if it means getting the TI instead of Snow
Old 07.04.2016, 05:56 PM
New here
New here

I have this working in Cakewalk Sonar, but it should be similar.

I have one instance of the Virus Ti vst, with a multi containing 3 sounds. Each part in the multi is assigned a usb output.

In Sonar I have a midi track and an audio track for each part of the multi. A total of 6 tracks.

The midi track for part one outputs to the vst on midi channel one. The corresponding audio track's input is set to the vst's first usb output pair.

The midi track for part two outputs to the vst on midi channel two.The corrisponding audio track's input is set to the vst's second usb output pair.

The midi track for part three outputs to the vst on midi channel three. The corresponding audio track's input is set to the vst's third usb output pair.

I hope this helps.
Old 07.04.2016, 07:31 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by js516k View Post
I have this working in Cakewalk Sonar, but it should be similar.

I have one instance of the Virus Ti vst, with a multi containing 3 sounds. Each part in the multi is assigned a usb output.

In Sonar I have a midi track and an audio track for each part of the multi. A total of 6 tracks.

The midi track for part one outputs to the vst on midi channel one. The corresponding audio track's input is set to the vst's first usb output pair.

The midi track for part two outputs to the vst on midi channel two.The corrisponding audio track's input is set to the vst's second usb output pair.

The midi track for part three outputs to the vst on midi channel three. The corresponding audio track's input is set to the vst's third usb output pair.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. In Snow I was only had USB 1 and 2. I got a TI desktop and now have USB 3.I think I set it up like you.

1. Right now I am using 3 of the 16 in the TI. They are going out USB 1, 2, and 3. From there I bus each to its own audio track. So I can render 3 midi virus patches to there own audio tracks in 1 pass. Right?

2. If I wanted to use 8 of the 16 they would be on shared USB's right in the Common area.
Old 07.04.2016, 07:54 PM
New here
New here

Yes. In my set up I also use the 3 analog outs for a total of 6 outputs. For larger arrangements(more than 6), I organize the parts of the multis and my midi so I can split the audio clips after recording, as long as I have a single part on an output at a time without it stepping on another. I also strip all reverb, delay, and other effects from the patches so I can maximize the voice count. When I have timing or voice stealing issues, I do multiple recording passes for the more complex voices.

Hope this help. Good luck!