Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 12.11.2014, 06:13 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

To answer the original question, what this thread IS about! THE TITLE

1. Because there is more of it and more access to it. If we had only 5 electronic music records those 5 would be seen as amazing, by those into it. Because we have millions those 5 now look mediocre.

2. Times change, music changes, what once was seen as good is now seen as bad. You think it sucks, others don't. (dare i say it, TASTE)! Music today is more about quick rotation, fast transitions (yeah i'm not into that either) early electronic music was about long drawn out build ups. We loved those long drawn out build up, today they SUCK! The ADHD generation yeah but that is who they are, there fore it don't suck to them but it sucks to you.

3. to the points raised not in the title but in your opening post (edit: not in opening post, most of my reply were to other things you had said in your first few posts). Market Share, marketing, hype, manipulated by the industry. They sold more back then doesn't prove that today music mainly sucks where as before it didn't

4. a lot of modern electronic music always sucked, a lot of every style of music always sucked, it's not new.

FINALLY! yes your right no act will probably sell as many albums as these greats as you mentioned. In 10 years from now i doubt musicians will even sell albums. That don't make them any less great! that don't mean they suck!

These are the points i've been making over and over and they are very on topic to what you have started. it's because you won't accept them you are throwing them out seeing them as....
Old 12.11.2014, 06:19 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I should of probably focused more on the points in your first post than the next few you made.

You use windows as an example... well you'll notice that somewhere else i said you don't see the bigger picture. I'll go again...

The new windows are better, yet you say they are not.
The old windows need constant attention to stay as you mentioned them.
The poor windows of today are people being miss sold what look like the superior windows (now their is a point that could open up reflected back to music) but aren't.

High quality new windows are far superior than high quality windows of the past. It's just harder to tell the difference at first glance between the quality of new windows to those who don't know the difference! (make the connection to music there) Are more window sales people trying to force theses inferior windows on us than the ferior ones, who knows. The problem here lies in science, as it can tell us exactly what windows are superior outside of preferring wood over plastic and metal, where as MUSIC isn't a matter of what is more scientifically musical!!! Music IS only a preference it can never be above that! One song isn't more superior than another apart from with in the boundaries of what the current time deems as superior, BOOM!
Old 12.11.2014, 07:26 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
I should of probably focused more on the points in your first post than the next few you made.

You use windows as an example... well you'll notice that somewhere else i said you don't see the bigger picture. I'll go again...

The new windows are better, yet you say they are not.
The old windows need constant attention to stay as you mentioned them.
The poor windows of today are people being miss sold what look like the superior windows (now their is a point that could open up reflected back to music) but aren't.

High quality new windows are far superior than high quality windows of the past. It's just harder to tell the difference at first glance between the quality of new windows to those who don't know the difference! (make the connection to music there) Are more window sales people trying to force theses inferior windows on us than the ferior ones, who knows. The problem here lies in science, as it can tell us exactly what windows are superior outside of preferring wood over plastic and metal, where as MUSIC isn't a matter of what is more scientifically musical!!! Music IS only a preference it can never be above that! One song isn't more superior than another apart from with in the boundaries of what the current time deems as superior, BOOM!
It's clear to be you're just grasping for as many opposing arguments to debate as you can. As I said, if you're unable to see that the issue exists, you're not prepared to discuss it. The windows example was not meant to get in the way of the musical discussion. The fact that you're now trying to debate an issue with newly farmed vs. old hardwood as a construction material, an issue which is very widely accepted by the construction industry, and morph it into yet another argument just shows me that you're just bored and trolling for a pissing match (as well as uninformed on a topic like material science that is a matter of science and fact and not opinion). Next. I'm not going to argue just for the sake of argument.

You do have a point about the "electronic" portion of the title being a bit misleading, so I have modified that to more accurately reflect some of the ideas I've put forth here. I had been listening to classic trance at the time I originally created the thread, so electronic music was on my mind, but really the bigger issue spans all genres.
Old 12.11.2014, 08:04 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

change the word window, to music and you might see why i posted that.

The problem with this debate is you haven't yet been able to convince me that todays music sucks more than it did before and out side of taste (yes i know but that's my point). And it is only you and many others like you who think that it sucks. it is your opinion and you are dead right, todays music does suck... TO YOU!!!

I'm not saying that you are wrong see you are the glass is half empty, other who oppose your view are the glass is half full. i am neither the glass is half empty or full, the glass can never be empty. The music does suck and doesn't suck at the same time. I will merely keep pointing out points that are trying to paint a bigger picture to your understanding, to open you up but all you seek is to close your self to support your opinion. if you were here saying why everything was amazing i'd most likely be pointing out why it sucked.

I've understood your point multiple times, yet you think i haven't, have you understood mine?

The question you should ask yourself is, why does most modern electronic music suck to you. Especially when Electronic music is at it's highest popularity it has ever been and DJ fronted festivals like TomorrowLand are seeing the biggest turn outs ever, bigger than what many bands achieved in the past. They actually self capped it's ticket sales for safety issues. I do also realise you revoked your 'electronic' from that so my comment there not so relevant. Personally I hate many of the new DJ's mixing styles, i think it sucks but the kids love it...

Perhaps the kids of tomorrow will view some guy plucking the strings on a guitar as sucking in comparison to pushing multi coloured pads on some techno gadget. What sucks and doesn't is down to opinion and that is the argument I am trying to defend. You have yet to convince me that it can be anything but. I totally understand your points but you don't see mine!
Old 12.11.2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
change the word window, to music and you might see why i posted that.
I think the desire to argue is interchangeable across many topics, it's just that I don't care to argue any of them.
Old 12.11.2014, 08:28 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I think the desire to argue is interchangeable across many topics, it's just that I don't care to argue any of them.
Why start the debate then... You mentioned windows then I used some thoughts to contrast your statement. it's like any one puts anything that opens up your ideas you just close it down more, even chucking the original idea out the window, once it has turned against you.

I even showed you a hint how you could use my comments on the window to support your argument, not mine but you failed to pick it up. All this sucking music could be inferior products hiding behind a similar song that is amazing but people not in the know, using shite ipod head phones, can't tell the difference. The cheap window copying off the expensive one, they appear the same but on further inspection one clearly sucks.
Old 12.11.2014, 08:34 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Did you start the thread in hope every one would agree with you, then we'd all go on to have a good old winge on what these kids are doing today with no skill at all. Every one chatting how good things were in the past.

Well, things were good in the past and thing are good now. Things sucked in the past and things suck now. I believe we know more now so over all the highest quality today, is better than the highest quality of the past. REGARDLESS TO TASTE!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 12.11.2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Why start the debate then....
It was never intended to be a debate, it was intended to encourage an intelligent discussion regarding the causes. Instead it just attracted those looking for flame wars and such.
Old 12.11.2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Did you start the thread in hope every one would agree with you
No, I started the thread with hopeless optimism about the level of douche baggery in the world thinking something good will come of it. I've already admitted multiple times it was a mistake. See a repeating pattern here? Statements made multiple times, never quite being absorbed. At these raves you grew up with, was there much recreational drug use? Just curious.
Old 12.11.2014, 10:30 PM

mitchemasha, perhaps in another thread another day we can find something to talk about, but for the purposes of the current thread I'm putting you in *IGNORED* mode. The main reason is primarily due to a promise I privately made to Timo a while back, and also due to the fact that, as I said I don't care to participate in debates where the opposition doesn't even believe the issue on the table exists in the first place. I don't have a problem with you personally outside of your behavior in this thread, so who knows maybe we will discuss something another day. And as always, feel free to vent as much as you want in my thread -- you may even get lucky and find others who will join you in the quest to troll for a pissing match, it's just that I reserve the right to ignore it all, and I will. You seem to be in a bit of a conflict with regard to deciding whether your time is valuable enough to not be wasted here, but I am free and clear of that conflict, so as I said, consider yourself ignored in this thread.