Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.08.2009, 03:23 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

The Machine

I assume you have template songs for starting a new piece in FL?

Well do what i do - my template has all my mixer tracks routed to Track One, rather than the master. Next, the Virus Control plugin is outputted to mixer track 30. Then, in the VC plug in config options (i.e. the FL plug in config area, top left button of the plug in window) I've set the 3 Virus outputs to

-- 1 2

respectively.

Then I go to track one, and tell it to read the latency from "TRACK 30 - VIRUS 1" or similar. Good news: VC is always at around 80 ms IIRC, and LUCKILY that doesnt change, so I can continue to use the template every time.

Two other things in this template:

Because you can't send them to channels other than the master, you must also delay every FX send by the same amount - again FL will let you select your Virus channel to set this from.

I also have my MIDI OUT channels (8 in my case, as that's all I'd ever need from the Virus in one song) routed to the Virus plug in (i.e. so I can use it multitimbrally) - if you don't know how to do this let me know.

What i may do is create a blank template with all my FX and other stuff out, with just FL and Virus and send that over if needs be.
Old 15.08.2009, 09:39 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Hey , thanks for the advice, its a good idea to put the tracks to one instead of a master. Now i myself just manualy put the PDC on every single mixer chanel.

A template would be handy

EDIT:

got the template, virus now works almost like a charm using 512 samples size buffer, except sometimes during preset change on playback i get "a sync error ocured" but it doesnt affect the sound, maybe just a bug...

Last edited by The Machine : 16.08.2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 17.08.2009, 05:05 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nobl1v1on

I use FL Studio 8 and I have not run into latency problems. I setup in this fashion.
1. Open TI in a new channel
2. Set its Port Number
3. Set it to an effects channel, I always use four, but anyone of them but the master is fine.
4. I pull up the FL effects page and click on effects channel four, then for the "input" at the upper right of the effects page I choose Virus ASIO 1&2. Next I select the output in the lower right corner of the effects page and select Virus ASIO 1&2.
5. Now in the dialog box for latency compensation I select "Pre", then choose to "sync to master".
6. Make sure you unclick the disk icon at the bottom of of the Effect Channel Four strip.
7. Get into VC, go to the first page past the FX1 and FX2 page and select for output "Out 1 L+R".
8. Finally go to the last page in VC and for "Surround Sound" output select none.

This should work,I have been working very well with 3.0.5 and FL, as far as not crashing constantly.

There Ya GO
Goodluck