Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 08.09.2003, 12:25 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Got m00g?

This classic synth been around a long time.

Anyone have one or use one

Also, what do you think about a JUNO 106.
What are they worth today, and do you think its worth getting one?

ez.
fluid
Old 09.09.2003, 07:42 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

They have the signature filter, but that's all I can think about them. They can do less than some and more than less. For the price of the Voyager, I'd get a modular from another company. You could just get a moog filter.

I have heard that 106s are nice and cheap.
Old 09.09.2003, 09:07 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I agree with udenjoe. Voyager is for those who want Minimoog but can't find one. A modular is indeed much better choice.
Old 12.09.2003, 10:42 AM
Pro
Pro

My mate has got a Juno 106, it's absolutely knackered though but it does good stuff. Good for effects, throbbing basses and a few leads.
Old 13.09.2003, 07:38 AM
New here
New here

I bought a Juno 106 back in -93 or -94 for about 200 euros.

I loved it, very warm basses... Had to sell it to get money

But i got around 800 euros for it
Old 13.09.2003, 09:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

800 euro for a juno?
doesnt it worth about 300-350 euro?? 8O
Old 13.09.2003, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

106 is really nice - atleast with some external fx - then you can get some really wierd spacefx (or really nice psy-leads)

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 09.11.2003, 11:15 PM
New here
New here

I've got a Moog Voyager, and have used it for some time. I used one for a while before I decided to buy one, so I don't think that it's my "invested money" talking.

I love it. Of course, it is fat and warm, smooth and buttery. But, in my opinion, the true worth of the Voyager (as opposed to, say, the Minimoog) comes when you explore its evil side (Comprehensive mod matrix, control via touch pad, linear _and_ exponential FM.)

Hardware-wise, it's exceptional. Rock-solid, good-feeling knobs. Larger knobs (for the most part) on those parameters likely to be played live. Extensive control voltage in and out.

Sound-wise, there are no words. Of course, it can do Minimoog-type stuff, and well. It's not as drifty as the original Mini, but you can simulate this with Smoothed S+H->pitch or Sm.S+H->Waveform (Smoothed S+H is equivalent to the Virus's Sample+Glide) However, Big Fun and Evil can enter thuswise: a patch cord to connect input back to output. On the original Mini, this was used to both increase level to the filter section (thereby increasing yummy filter overdrive) and to skew the filter response (filter output, fed back to filter input, filtered further, sent to output, fed back to input, for a steeper slope.) On the Voyager, you can do this in a few ways: feeding the main output (in mono) back to the filter, then tapping the Filter2 output for main signal (or headphone jack, to maintain stereo signal) Or, stick a patch cable one-click-from-entirely-inserted into the Mixer Out/Filter In insert patch point for bright distort-y goodness. (This is my personal favorite.)

The nice thing here is the nice thing about analog as opposed to digital in general: In the analog world, feedback paths are instantaneous. In the digital realm, any input/output, including feedback paths, are subject to A/D-D/A delay, and are, therefore, subject to resonation determined by the input and output stages. No arbitrarily exaggerated notes in real analog.

The true analog pots are digitized at 14 bits (as opposed to, say, the Alesis Ion's much-touted 12 bits, or MIDI's standard 8 bits), and I've only been able to produce stepping in one case.

Dedicated hardware controls for mod wheel source/destination, additional ("Pedal") source/destination, extreme flexibility, excellent tone.

I realize that it's not for everyone, but I love mine. It does things no other piece of my gear can do, and it sounds great. Not only that, but it, erm, _responds_. My digital gear feels like I'm controlling it. My Moog feels like I'm working with it. Intangible, perhaps, but unmistakable.

Just my opinion.

-Hoax
Old 10.11.2003, 04:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i used the mini moog couple of weeks before
extreme fatness....
an amazing monophonic beast...
Old 10.11.2003, 06:11 PM
New here
New here

My favorite combo is the Moog Voyager and the Indigo @ 6.0-352.
HOW SWEET IT IS