Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 18.11.2009, 06:43 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default my new Virus please help

Hello all,

finally got my virus ti2, paid cash for it nearly two months ago and it arrived yesterday, yae!

Opened the box to find that the volume knob was bent, gutted!

so it looks like I will have to send it back...

any way I had little time on it last night, but a couple of things kinda bugged out, loaded the logic tute song played all right for a bit then had to shut it down as the virus had stuck notes.

Then I opened a blank logic template and played around but I could not play presets unless I had a midi cord plugged in from my controller, I could only play the first preset even though I was selecting other ones.

I thought I only needed usb?

If I play the virus in standalone mode (no logic) with a midi cord, sometimes I got stuck sounds and glitches, I then shut it down, haven’t had that problem since ( well I have only used it for about half an hour)

Is this normal?

I have spent little time with the virus so far so I am sure I will figure these out in time, but tips would be great,

latest os brand new synth, logic 9

cheers

: update; sent to local access repairer to fix knob, I mentioned the stuck notes should I mention the lack of being able to select presets without a midi cord?

Cheers
Old 18.11.2009, 01:27 PM
Am starting to like this forum

If it is a new unit I would demand a replacement not a repair.

If it has been dropped hard enough to bend the volume knob then it may well have other damage inside.
Old 18.11.2009, 01:46 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shambler View Post
If it is a new unit I would demand a replacement not a repair.

If it has been dropped hard enough to bend the volume knob then it may well have other damage inside.
Yep, send it back for a replacement, not a repair. In addition to the bent knob on arrival, not being able to select presets without a midi cord is worrying, too.

Two months is also a long time to pay cash and then receive a Virus!

When you get a new one, make sure the Virus' operating system firmware is updated. Lastest stable version is TI OS v3.2.0.07, or if you fancy using a 64-bit host you might hazard trying the TI OS v3.3.0.0 beta.
Old 18.11.2009, 01:55 PM

Agreed, a repair on such an expensive bit of kit, when it basically arrived unfit for purpose, is your retailer taking the piss.
Old 19.11.2009, 07:19 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Hey all thanks for replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestry View Post
Agreed, a repair on such an expensive bit of kit, when it basically arrived unfit for purpose, is your retailer taking the piss.
my thoughts exactly!

the problem I face is that the licensed access trader here in Australia has no stock, don’t think he is carrying stock during this so called recession, so I wait again...

rung the service centre this morning and mentioned the non preset usb drama, they said they will have a look, rung back this afternoon and had to mention it again...

so if major surgery is needed I will contact access de that’s if I don’t get looked after here in Australia, after all, all I want is what I paid for, I have had to wait a long time until I could afford a virus, then I had to wait for it to come from Germany... now I hope it all works out all right!

cheers
Old 19.11.2009, 08:37 AM
Pro
Pro

Who was your Aus retailer out of curiousity?

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 19.11.2009, 08:49 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Who was your Aus retailer out of curiousity?
Its probably better if I don’t post that publicly.

Sorry feedingear, but I don’t want to offend anyone that is not here to defend themselves.

But if it doesn’t get resolved... well that could be a different story

Old 19.11.2009, 09:54 AM
Pro
Pro

From my quick experience into looking to buying a Virus locally (I'm in Perth), the people weren't too helpful or knowledgable - ended up getting it imported from US from an ebay seller for a lot cheaper then what was offered at lowest knockdown (roughly 4.2 at the time, ended up getting it after tax for 3.17), with a total shipping time of 7 days.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 19.11.2009, 12:15 PM

Hmm, this really looks like you need to PM Feedingear for info on his contact in the states, after getting your money back from Retailer X, that is.
Old 19.11.2009, 07:21 PM
Very mucho Newbie

I got told that if I bought from overseas and had any warranty issues that the licensed access (importer/distributor) AUS would not look at it, thats the only reason I paid the inflated price so I had piece of mind knowing that it would get fixed if there was any warranty issues.

I find out today hopefully whats going on