Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.06.2011, 09:16 AM
New here
New here

Unhappy Low frequency Hum on all outputs new Polar TI2. Plz Help

Hello everyone,

I got my replacement Virus TI2 Polar this Friday because the first one had a faulty key and this one has problems too. I can hear a low frequency hum when it’s off (stand-by mode) when connecting headphones to the headphone out and to any of the 6 outputs (the hum is also present when the Polar is powered on completely), to test it I have only connected the power lead and headphones on each one of the line outputs and headphone out , nothing more, no usb cable.
Whenever I touch the metallic sides of the Polar the hum stops (the hum is similar to the sound that a fish tank pump makes, although not as loud – I mean it’s really low in volume but its there and it’s annoying). I’m using 16 and 32 ohm headphones (AKG K324P, and Sennheiser respectively) and also studio monitors. I´ve tried plugging the Polar into different power outlets and also disconnecting every electric appliance at home, but the hum persists. I have done the same tests with my other keyboard (a Kurzweil PC3x) and its outputs are dead silent. Please, could somebody help me by doing the same test with their Polar, I mean trying it with 16 or 32 ohm earbuds (these make spotting the sound easier, iphone earbuds might do the trick) and listening closely to see if the low frequency hum is there.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by synthames : 13.06.2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: More info