Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.05.2009, 05:39 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Exclamation Crackling Whilst Moving Knobs - Major Crash

Hi all,

I just can't seem to get this TI MK1 keyboard working properly with the VC on Mac at all, I've had it over 2 years now! One thing after another it seems...Anyway, I have a patch selected, SuperWrmMS, moving ANY knob on the TI is introducing crackling via the usb o/p's (not analog). I have tried the TI on every usb port on my Mac (ensuring it's got it's own bus), and it happens wherever, intermittently also, so sometimes it's good others not. I was just about to try rebooting it but as I quit Logic, I had the worst crash of the TI I have seen to date. All led's out, display still on but now completely non responsive, pull the power cord job. The worst part of all this was the disgusting digital tripe that pretty much battered my genelecs, along with my ears. I think it's time for Access to withdraw this 3.0.1.15 official release as it's killing not only my inspiration, but my speakers too. This had started out as a positive thread but that crash finished that off. Appalling.
Old 19.05.2009, 06:30 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

this is a known issue, there are quite a few threads about this

you are not alone!

edit: and there isnt an official os3 release yet. its still in beta. but tbh the more people experiencing the problem the better.
Old 19.05.2009, 06:35 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks for the reply! But, not according to this!

http://www.access-music.de/news.php4#news136

So, you get the crackling as well as the TI crash fender2k1?

Cheers.
Old 19.05.2009, 07:00 PM
Complete Newbie

yeah you're not alone:
http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...208#post290208
Old 19.05.2009, 08:20 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiScO View Post
Hi all,

I just can't seem to get this TI MK1 keyboard working properly with the VC on Mac at all, I've had it over 2 years now! One thing after another it seems...Anyway, I have a patch selected, SuperWrmMS, moving ANY knob on the TI is introducing crackling via the usb o/p's (not analog). I have tried the TI on every usb port on my Mac (ensuring it's got it's own bus), and it happens wherever, intermittently also, so sometimes it's good others not. I was just about to try rebooting it but as I quit Logic, I had the worst crash of the TI I have seen to date. All led's out, display still on but now completely non responsive, pull the power cord job. The worst part of all this was the disgusting digital tripe that pretty much battered my genelecs, along with my ears. I think it's time for Access to withdraw this 3.0.1.15 official release as it's killing not only my inspiration, but my speakers too. This had started out as a positive thread but that crash finished that off. Appalling.
Sigh, ANOTHER mac user with pretty significant TI problems... Does Access not believe all these people???
Old 19.05.2009, 08:38 PM
Complete Newbie

it doesn't appear to be related to a specific operating system or daw as its affecting users of logic, cubase and fl studio. but access is aware. i have opened a ticket with information relating to my case, as well as pointed out that other users are experiencing the same issues. i dont know if you are in contact with access support, but i strongly reccomend it so they can log all these problems officially.