Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.05.2009, 03:24 PM
New here
New here

Not that I am happy that you all are having problems as well but I am a little bit because that means it's not just my system having some obscure problem that Access will never address in any updates.

Shit, like I said in the original post, it's just something I've come to expect with the TI and new software updates. I had it super stable for a long time then when they throw in a couple new bells and whistles all hell breaks loose.

Be patient and just wait for an update. That's what I've come to terms with unfortunately.

Oh and I did update to 3.0.1.2 or whatever and same deal.....

Cheers all.
Old 04.05.2009, 07:52 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

ive just got a new virus to replace the other unit and the problem whit the high pitch beep wen crashing for now it as desapeared but in the other side the synth is completly out of tune!I tried everthing and it stays the same...Ive contacted access support again and i just hope i can solve this out or this is useless this way
Old 04.05.2009, 09:55 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiphdan View Post
ive just got a new virus to replace the other unit and the problem whit the high pitch beep wen crashing for now it as desapeared but in the other side the synth is completly out of tune!I tried everthing and it stays the same...Ive contacted access support again and i just hope i can solve this out or this is useless this way
Tuning issues on a VA? This is beyond ridiculous. I was seriously considering a TI2 for a while, but the constant barrage of posts from people having bizarre problems with these synths has really put me off of the idea. It sucks, because the more I look at the TI (even without the total integration), the more I realize how few synths (basically none) provide anywhere near the virus' feature set. These days, though, stability is a major consideration when looking at a new piece of gear -- and should be a given when you're talking about a $2500 digital instrument. I understand a lot of issues are simply due to the existence of the public beta OS, but the hardware troubles people have mentioned are a bit too scary for me.

I suppose I'll take another look when/if a stable OS with 64bit drivers is ever released.

Hope access is able to sort you out.
Old 16.05.2009, 04:39 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

3.0.2.01 has not fixed this issue for me. the virus is still crashing when a patch is changed during playback, then stopping playback afterwards causes the TI to crash and emit a loud digital noise through the speakers. (the noise does not always happen, but the crash does.)
Old 19.05.2009, 03:55 PM
New here
New here

Unhappy

3.0.2.01 has not fixed this issue for me too.
The virus is still crashing when a patch is changed during playback.
A lot of noise is coming out of the virus. I attached a mp3. Please fix this problem!
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.zip (85.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Stimulatormusic : 19.05.2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 19.05.2009, 05:50 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Angry

I have probably just had the worst crash I have ever seen on my TI. I was in the middle of posting another topic when it happened so it spilt over to that I'm afraid. The circumstances for me when it happened were simply playing a patch called SuperWrmMS, I was experiencing intermittent crackling when moving any knob on the TI, like good old MIDI zipper noise. The noise was only present on the USB output, not analog. Occasionally throughout this, I noticed the led's flickering on and off (all of them), but the display staying on. Eventually it obviously became too much and it just freaked big time, emitting the loudest, nastiest noise to date. I don't monitor loud, but this certainly caused me some pain. As I said in my other topic, you should withdraw this as being an official release, unless of course my TI happens to be faulty. Prbb.
Old 19.05.2009, 09:40 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimulatormusic View Post
3.0.2.01 has not fixed this issue for me too.
The virus is still crashing when a patch is changed during playback.
A lot of noise is coming out of the virus. I attached a mp3. Please fix this problem!
Exactly the same noizes I expierience!

Can you please post your systems details, DAW, Virus type etc and describe exactly how you can make it happen to help Access??
Old 20.05.2009, 09:00 AM
New here
New here

Hey HUEY,

Check my profile for the details of my DAW.

The TI just crash after 1 or 2 min, when I browsing sounds during playback.
(by browsing on the Virus Control only , not on the hardware!)
Old 20.05.2009, 09:40 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hey Stimulatormusic (Je woont wel erg dichtbij)

I see you work with Cubase 4.5 So a new DAW (beside SX3 en FL7) with the same problem
Does it happen during just switching sounds during play, or do you have to stop/pause the sequencer to make it hapen? (Like me and fender2k1)

best r.

Last edited by HUEY : 20.05.2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 20.05.2009, 11:11 AM
Infektion taking hold...

The beeps are here too with the official 3.0.1.15 version
Hope nothing bad happens to my speakers

Fix...fix....fix....Please

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850@3GHz 2GB DD3 RAM
XP PRO SP3 w/2 150GB WD Raptors
Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB RAM OSX 10.4.11
Ableton Live 8
Serato SL1
VirusTI Desktop MK1
MOTU 828MKII