Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 26.04.2009, 10:29 PM
New here
New here

Default BEEEEEEP High pitch beep happens durring crash...

Hi there all the Infekted,

So here's my latest...

When working on different projects, typically those with decent amounts of controller changes via the MIDI track (not directly to VC, which is just a bitch to manage when you can't re-arrange the individual channels to the track work flow), I get a high pitch BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP as the TI crashes and causes me to reboot the synth.

Luckily when I restart it doesn't crash my project and I can continue to work for 5-10-20 minutes at a time.

Curious to say the least. I've had so many problems with the TI over the various releases i've almost come to take it as a necessary evil to have problems.

I plan on updating to 3.0.112 ASAP but at this point i'm running 3.06, Cubase 3.11, G5 Dual 2G, 10.4.11.

I looked at the change log for the latest OS but didn't really see anything that really applied to this problem.

Any advice graciously requested.

Cheers,
-J.B. Vries

www.Myspace.com/jbvries
Old 27.04.2009, 09:52 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmizuno1 View Post
Hi there all the Infekted,

So here's my latest...

When working on different projects, typically those with decent amounts of controller changes via the MIDI track (not directly to VC, which is just a bitch to manage when you can't re-arrange the individual channels to the track work flow), I get a high pitch BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP as the TI crashes and causes me to reboot the synth.

Luckily when I restart it doesn't crash my project and I can continue to work for 5-10-20 minutes at a time.

Curious to say the least. I've had so many problems with the TI over the various releases i've almost come to take it as a necessary evil to have problems.

I plan on updating to 3.0.112 ASAP but at this point i'm running 3.06, Cubase 3.11, G5 Dual 2G, 10.4.11.

I looked at the change log for the latest OS but didn't really see anything that really applied to this problem.

Any advice graciously requested.

Cheers,
-J.B. Vries

www.Myspace.com/jbvries
let us know if you have the same problems with 3.0.1.12 - by the way, you really should update cubase at least to 3.1

best, marc
Old 27.04.2009, 02:25 PM
New here
New here

Having the exact same problem with my TI2 desktop and Cubase 4.5.1. Havent updated to 3.0.1.12 yet because of it didnt say anything about it in the change log.

However, will try it later today
Old 28.04.2009, 02:09 AM
New here
New here

Don't remember what number exactly just know I'm on the latest SX version.
Old 28.04.2009, 06:14 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I'm having something similar happen in FL Studio. i'll be playing a pattern and when i hit pause, it starts to make a stuttering sound. After that the leds on the Virus turn off and back on again like if i were turning it on. From there the virus will work for about 10 seconds and then no sound will come out and I'm unable to change the patch via Virus Control.
A little similar, but just wanted to throw that out there.
Old 28.04.2009, 06:59 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender2k1 View Post
I'm having something similar happen in FL Studio. i'll be playing a pattern and when i hit pause, it starts to make a stuttering sound. After that the leds on the Virus turn off and back on again like if i were turning it on. From there the virus will work for about 10 seconds and then no sound will come out and I'm unable to change the patch via Virus Control.
A little similar, but just wanted to throw that out there.
how can i reproduce that? what do i need to do to make this happen?

thanks, marc
Old 28.04.2009, 10:36 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
how can i reproduce that? what do i need to do to make this happen?

thanks, marc
marc, i have been in contact with access support. i can send you the project files i have sent to them if you'd like.
Old 30.04.2009, 09:08 PM
New here

I have had the same problem here, i tried contacting the access support and tried to solve the problem but after several weeks of mails we couldnt manage to solve it out so i have returned my access virus ti 2 to the store (i have just receved a new one today) so lets see if this unit does the same, i realy hope it dosn´t
Old 04.05.2009, 12:54 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmizuno1 View Post

I get a high pitch BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP as the TI crashes and causes me to reboot the synth.

Now what i'm experiencing is the same thing. Before mine was just similar, but now its exactly the same.
In my case its more of a distortion when the unit boots back up.

I would be changing patches while a pattern is playing in FL Studio causing the audio to freeze. After a few seconds of the audio stuttering, the unit seems to shut off. All the LEDs on the unit turn off, but the backlit display stays on. After a few seconds the LEDs come on, as normal and im able to play around some more. After a while though it locks up. Im not able to change the patch and i have to kill the sound with the panic button. After the sound is killed the only way to use the unit is to power off and back on.
Access support so far has only instructed me to do unit resets. This hasn't fixed the problem, i hope they are working on another solution.
Old 04.05.2009, 01:42 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Same here.

By me it happens when switching sounds during play and stop the sequencer (Cubase SX3).
First I got a high very loud iieeeeep sound. then 2 or 3 distorted schratch sounds. The lights on the virus stop blinking and eventualy go out.(display stays on). When I'm lucky the virus come to live after 10 sec. and I can go on working, but I will have problems later (for example I can't select sounds anymore in VC).
In other cases I have to reboot immediately.

It happens on all soundbanks, even ROM banks.

I also went back to 2.7.5 to see what happens. I was not able to let the virus crash then. So I think it has something to do with the 3.X beta

Hopefully it can be solved

WinXPsp3, SX3, Ti Desktop, Focusrite saffire

Last edited by HUEY : 05.05.2009 at 07:52 AM.