Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.03.2009, 04:48 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I'd really like to move to 64-bit, but the virus is the only thing holding me back. That and the cash to upgrade
Old 14.03.2009, 06:22 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Lets be patient guys, I'm certain Access is working as hard as they can on it
I'm sure it's not as simple as you might think!

I reckon they're (hopefully) aiming for a release that somewhat coincides with Windows 7 release, as lots of people will likely switch to x64 when they upgrade then. That's what I'm planning to do
Old 15.03.2009, 07:58 AM
New here
New here

I just want an ETA, that's it. Some date I can put on my calendar to check in with Access and look for some new 64-bit drivers. Then, while I wait for that day to come, I will get better acquainted with some of my softsynths. I am so not even close to willing to screw around with getting it setup old school and doing the latency checks and setting delay compensations and CC maps and everything else. Hell, I don't even have the analog inputs left on my interface.

Oh, and one more thing, they better not make the 64-bit driver only work with 64-bit Virus Control. Only like 4 of my plugins have 64-bit versions so far and I am not dealing with that BitBridge garbage just so I can run 64-bit Cubase for a 64-bit Virus Control. If 32-bit Cubase can access 64-bit ASIO drivers, I think 32-bit Virus Control can access 64-bit Virus TI drivers.
Old 19.03.2009, 11:58 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphonix View Post
Oh, and one more thing, they better not make the 64-bit driver only work with 64-bit Virus Control. Only like 4 of my plugins have 64-bit versions so far and I am not dealing with that BitBridge garbage just so I can run 64-bit Cubase for a 64-bit Virus Control. If 32-bit Cubase can access 64-bit ASIO drivers, I think 32-bit Virus Control can access 64-bit Virus TI drivers.
I'd say this is one of the major hurdles they are trying to solve, just a guess
Old 23.03.2009, 09:28 AM
Am starting to like this forum

After buying my Virus TI, I actually "downgraded" from Windows XP x64 to Windows XP. I actually hesitated buying a TI for quite some time before I finally did due to the fact that it was not 64 bit compatible. I'm not even talking about a x64 VSTi, just x64 support with 32 bit hosts. Windows XP x64 allowed me to address all my 4 GB of RAM and in general was rock solid!
Old 28.03.2009, 08:09 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Yes I want too a Windows 64bit Access Virus driver....please Access Music!!!

PC2 - OS: Windows 7 x64
Host Sequencer: Cubase 5
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.myspace.com/spacenat
Old 05.04.2009, 12:50 PM
Pro
Pro

Yep please 64Bit & 32 Bit support please. An ETA from Virus would be fantastic, see point 3.

Upgraded main machine to 64 Bit, getting ready for W7 when released and stable.

Main reason for upgrade :

1 • New PC I7 with 6GB ram <<< I believe these systems are going to increase in popularity as users realise the benefits of processor efficiency and of course more RAM supported

2 • Speed and was time to upgrade.

3 • Currently trying to get the old pc up & running as a slave for running 32bit plugins and will probably use Virus from there until 64bit drivers sorted. This will involve extra cost (FX teleport midi over lan).

If we could have an ETA at least users could decide if its worth paying for a work around or just simply wait.

peace

Just as a thought is MAC OSX 64bit? and that is already supported!
Old 05.04.2009, 01:32 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default 64Bit OS URGENTLY REQUIRED

"64 bit drivers, 32 bit plug-in" vs. "64 bit drivers, 64 bit plug-in".

Marc (and Access) couldn't see the point in the former of those.

Here's the point: It would mean their customers and all their potential customers could use just one computer.

Here's my situation: I have 1 main computer (64Bit OS, Quad Core Extreme 3Gz, 8Gb RAM, 1Gb GeForce). It's fast, runs everything I could possibly want except VirusControl. Other companies provide 64Bit drivers for all the hardware I use, jees even my Webcam and Flight Simulator joystick controllers come with 64Bit Drivers. Don't get me wrong having free updated VC software every few months is great but I'm sure the talented programmers at access could stop working on the free VC updates for 2 weeks and knock up some basic 64Bit drivers.

Please.
Old 08.04.2009, 06:50 AM
Pro
Pro

Personally I have now binned Vista 64 for Audio apps and hoping with W7 around the corner it will be supported, from what I've read re Beta testers W7 is probably going to be the weapon of choice for 64bit DAWs...I'm wondering if Access are waiting will then for 64 bit driver, which to me makes sense

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 09.04.2009, 08:44 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Mac OSX Leopard is not fully 64 bit but partially. It can address up to 32GB of RAM at the moment with no problem and run 64 bit apps. The kernel is still 32 bit though.

http://www.appleinsider.com/print/08...d_64_bits.html

Personally, Im anxiously waiting for Snow Leopard to come out which will be fully 64 bit. Snow Leopard will be my weapon of choice.