Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.10.2009, 10:46 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapapar View Post
soundpalace I do the same thing it's working, no hard reboot needed like that
just retry install 3.3.0.0 many time and it finish by working lol
Hi there - could you confirm what the Virus Center software is? This is the first chance I've had to use any Virus software on my PC and I still can't get 3.3 installed without the synth crashing half way through.

Any help is much appreciated!
Old 20.10.2009, 06:04 PM
New here
New here

go to the windows start menu and it's the only tool you can execute (in more of a lot af pdf files)
Old 20.10.2009, 06:17 PM
New here
New here

note: if you crash when uninstalling, just plug off the usb connection and then clic remove no blue screen like that
Old 09.11.2009, 04:20 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

There is still a very annoying note stuck-on bug when the arpeggiator is in chord mode.

On Ti1:

1. Go to patch ROM-L 76 "MoonArp XM"
2. Play the intro to "Where the streets have no name" by holding C3 and playing C6, G5, F5, E5, F5, G5 repeatedly.

Almost immediately you should hear a note stick on. Its possible to do it also by just holding C3 and tapping C6 at the right moment.

Another thing I find a bit annoying is that normally the Value 3/Program knob is pretty high resolution but when trying to select a program in the Edit Multi menu it often jumps 2-3 patches at a time even when you move it very slowly so you can sometimes only choose the patch you want using the Patch +/- buttons.

Overall though the OS updates are getting better
Old 09.11.2009, 06:12 AM
Complete Newbie

marc (if you're reading),

Did something change in the effects/rendering in recent OS betas? Might just be that I'm wearing different headphones but the audio sounds a bit more present I think.

BTW someone needs to update the news feed on access-music.de, which still refers to the old beta.
Old 09.11.2009, 09:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitAl56K View Post
marc (if you're reading),

Did something change in the effects/rendering in recent OS betas? Might just be that I'm wearing different headphones but the audio sounds a bit more present I think.

BTW someone needs to update the news feed on access-music.de, which still refers to the old beta.
as for the changes, i don't think so. and thanks for the hint.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 11.11.2009, 02:04 AM
Complete Newbie

I'm working on Ableton Live 8.0.9 & 7.0.16 ; so if there's really an improve in the rendering I will test your Beta (a little bit... )

Regards to MUSIC...
Old 11.11.2009, 02:06 AM
Complete Newbie

Hi

I'm working on Ableton Live 8.0.9 & 7.0.16 ; so if there's really an improve in the rendering I will test your Beta (a little bit... )

Regards to MUSIC... & Access to music
Old 15.11.2009, 02:00 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Having all sorts of trouble.. can't even get the thing installed.
It all seems good untill the installer starts looking for the virus

Throws up an error box labeled "TBIA" with the message "The Data is Invalid"

anyone had this???

I hate this thing... I have never had an upgrade go smoothly with it in all the years I have had it.

Running Win7 64bit, and am currently on O.S. 3.0.0.0 btw.
Old 29.11.2009, 09:32 AM
Complete Newbie

Another issue still remaining, wonder if anyone else can verify since I only have one unit to test on:

1. Choose a patch that has both the mod and a performance knob routed to the filter cutoff e.g. ROM M-63 which has mod and value 3 routed to the filter

2. Set the mod wheel fully down

3. Turn value 3 so that the filter cutoff is changed. Play some notes to verify this.

4. Simply wait 2-3 minutes, then play a note. Notice that the filter cutoff has been set to the mod wheel position, even though you didn't move it. If you play a note while slightly moving the value 3 knob you'll hear it snap back.

I don't think these are phantom edits. I can verify that the mod wheel has a few mm of deadzone at its lowest position. I actually wonder if either the modwheel is occasionally polled regardless of if it is moved, or if the sound engine is periodically reset, which might explain some other occasional glitches.

Assuming that these are not phantom edits it's a pretty annoying performance problem because although the steps to reproduce the issue above have you avoid playing any notes for a couple of minutes for demonstration purposes, if I'm playing notes live it still periodically snaps to the mod wheel position.