Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.10.2009, 11:43 AM
New here
New here

Could someone please post a direct link to this download? I can't register on the Access site as the registration form goes off the bottom of my screen! Never been able to use Virus Control so I am super excited about this! Plus, my Virus will be arriving back after being repaired in about 1 hour...woohooooo!
Old 16.10.2009, 12:50 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Si, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately I think registration is essential to download the OSs from Access' site.

If you have an alternative browser like Firefox or Chrome you could perhaps try one of those?
Old 16.10.2009, 01:15 PM
New here
New here

Excellent!
I just install W7 64 on my computer, next I install the virus and it work only on 32bit! shit!! so I go on access web site and what I see, this new 64bit version!!! yyyyyyyyaaaaa!!!! I'm happy lol

I install cubase 4 on my new system and the last virus driver

Big problem to install the 3.3.0.0 on the TI but after many time it's now ok

When I remove the virus driver I have a blue screen (but it's written in the issue of the change log)

In cubase I dont see the vsti ... strange

Do I need a 64bit of cubase to run the 64bit virus control?

tks
Old 16.10.2009, 01:56 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for the response Timo - I actually managed to get registered eventually - I had to hold control and use the mouse wheel to make everything tiny, then I could fill it all in! Crazy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapapar View Post
Make sure you that when you are installing, you have both "Virus Control 32-Bit" and "Virus Control 64 bit" selected to install!

Cheers..

Last edited by SimonStokes : 16.10.2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 16.10.2009, 02:54 PM
New here
New here

WARNING: Whilst updating the firmware on the Virus, the software came up and said that it was done, and to click finished. Since the Virus still said updating on the screen, I left it for around an hour. It was still stuck at the same updating screen so I tried to run the software again. No joy, so I pulled the plug on the Virus.

It's totally buggered now - the light above the Transpose buttons doesn't even come on when the unit is plugged in...any suggestions? Only got back from repair today!

Be careful!
Old 16.10.2009, 04:44 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
WARNING: Whilst updating the firmware on the Virus, the software came up and said that it was done, and to click finished. Since the Virus still said updating on the screen, I left it for around an hour. It was still stuck at the same updating screen so I tried to run the software again. No joy, so I pulled the plug on the Virus.

It's totally buggered now - the light above the Transpose buttons doesn't even come on when the unit is plugged in...any suggestions? Only got back from repair today!

Be careful!
Have you tried updating with the Virus in update mode...hard resetting the virus unit. Haven't had any problems with this since the pre 3.00 beta releases and now running the latest bios beta on W& no problems.

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 16.10.2009, 05:04 PM
New here
New here

Basically, I had to pull the plug for 30s and remove all audio cables, and turn the unit back on holding the Exit button, putting it into update mode. The 64 bit drivers wouldn't see the Virus when it was already in update mode - it would just say "Scanning for TIs...".

So, I had to go to my 32 bit laptop, install 3.2 again...fine. Tried 3.3 64 bit again, same issue. Then tried 3.3 32 bit - same issue again. Going back to 3.2 until it's fixed - not sure how Access manage to bugger something as stupid as the installer for a firmware update - that should be fundamentally stable!

Anyhoo, I'll wait again - glad that some progress is being made on the 64 bit front though. Hope other people have more success...
Old 16.10.2009, 05:14 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapapar View Post

tks

The Cubase version you're using should match the Virus OS version you're using 32->32; 64->64.

I suppose you could use 32 Virus with 64 Cubase by going through the VST bridge, but there's no need to do that really - that's what the 64 bit Virus OS is for.
Old 16.10.2009, 11:41 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Just a tip folks, I had the same problem where the installer finishes but the Virus is still updating. Personally, I just opened the Virus Centre software and did the update from there which worked correctly.

Hopefully Access can fix this, it has only been an issue in the newer drivers, also affecting XP.
Old 17.10.2009, 11:36 AM
New here
New here

soundpalace I do the same thing it's working, no hard reboot needed like that
just retry install 3.3.0.0 many time and it finish by working lol