Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 30.10.2005, 01:49 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Fed up

Hello
I have yet another problem with my hopelessly useless Ti.

Its simple: Turn on Ti.
"establishing usb connection"
"usb connection has been lost"

I have tried different USB ports. The are some things plugged into other usb ports but that is neccessary (I have a usb keyboard and a midiman)- another of the Ti's quirks is that Virus Control will not lauch fully unless I have midi plugged in. Im not using it thru midi but VC asks for it. Actually, plugging in midi cables doesnt work either. VC rarely starts or works.

Im on a G5, OS X 10.4.2, SX 3.1.
Ive been doing this for years - I know how to get a synth working (or I used to at least). I'm really really sick of this.
I waited a year for a synth that doesnt work.

Very very dissapointed.
Royalston
Old 30.10.2005, 06:58 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I have not heard of these problems before. I'm wondering whether you may have a faulty unit?

At any rate, I'd recommend you get in touch with Access support about this.
Old 30.10.2005, 07:21 AM
Complete Newbie

thanks ben
Old 31.10.2005, 01:22 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Ooooh, I have the same problem too. I'm starting to think there's a bad batch goin round.
Old 31.10.2005, 01:35 AM
Complete Newbie

guyur
check your USB cables

that seemed to make a difference for me - The one that access provided with the Ti was faulty. Swapping it solved the connection problem, but Virus Control still doesnt launch.

It did launch immediately after I swapped cables (in an empty SX project), but after I tried using VC in a song that already had elements in it, it failed the USB test and it doesn't launch any more.

It seem random as to whether the Ti will be seen by audio midi setup...

Access support seem as confused about this as me.
Old 31.10.2005, 01:30 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to torpor

one thing that you can try that may provide some interesting results is to get yourself a PCI->USB adapter //just for the Virus TI//, put it in your PC, and plug the TI into this adapter all by itself.

there is definitely a situation with **USB** in the PC world, in that not all USB controllers/chips are considered equal. if you have problems with sustained throughput on your PC motherboard when using USB, then one thing you can do to verify/get around this problem is put another USB controller in there, on your PCI bus, and use that exclusively for your audio/midi needs, leaving the onboard USB ports for your peripherals ..

not saying this is 'the' solution to your problem, royalston, but for sure, were i in your position, i'd get myself a decent-quality USB/PCI card and give that a try, to see if if provides some kind of solution. and it shouldn't be -terribly- expensive to get good quality USB on a PCI card for your PC ..

access-list: http://www.ampfea.org/mailman/listinfo/access-list
Old 31.10.2005, 09:02 PM
Complete Newbie

hmmm

firstly - im on Mac not PC. (g5 2x2.3)

secondly - what if its the virus and its software thats faulty - if I buy a a PCI card it *might* not fix anything. Then I will have wasted more time and money on a synth that isnt working.

thirdly - Ive been testing the ti with as little usb devices plugged in as I can. It should be abe to work. Everything else I use is firewire.

I'm in contact with access support but they seem to reply once every 2 days, with answers like 'did you do what we told you to do?'

I write back 'yes'...and wait another 2 days for a new suggestion. Access support must be busy at the moment. I feel sorry for those guys.

Royalston
Old 31.10.2005, 09:17 PM
This forum member lives here

Yes im sure there busy at the moment. Last 7 yrs have gone pretty much without a hitch.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 22.10.2008, 07:52 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default same problem here !!

hi all,

well i m getting the same usb connection lost as you guys, my ti was ok til today, tried another usb cable , another port same problem...

dont know what happen but i just installed a mac osx on my pc , n i installed the virus on it which was working great, i dont know if there is a link between this n my problems...

but now its stopped to work on both os ! f..k

any clues?
Old 22.10.2008, 08:40 PM

I think the reality is this....

Virus TI and TI software is mostly fine and bug free. The inconsistencies appear to be computer related. VC worked fine on my purpose built Carillon (audio pc)......but like shit on my Dell desktop. Im sorry my observation seems simplistic.....but I just dont have the time for trouble shooting and beta testing. My point is, VC works perfectly in the 'right' environment.

There is only so much Access can be expected to do. I dont beleive it relates to faulty Virus's either.

Some people will always experience performance/integration issues.....its a hard fact of life. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I dont know why mine works fine......

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....