Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.01.2009, 09:47 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Tilting Ti on the desktop

I'd like my Ti desktop to be tilted at an angle, a little like the V-Synth XT. I don't really want to rackmount it - is anyone else doing this? What do you use / make?

Tilted V-Synth XT:
http://www.pssl.com/images/ProdImage...V-SYNTH-XT.jpg
Old 22.01.2009, 01:33 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

just make some out of wood and use the original wood ends as templates.
(where to drill holes etc) imagine just making the end pieces triangular instead of rectangular with the ends of the triangle holding it up.

i did it kind of but its sharing them with something

Old 22.01.2009, 03:09 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Cool setup DeFex. What can you say about the mopho and evolver?Are they beasts in their own rights? I am looking at getting one or the other.What suggestions can you give me? My objective is to get a real analog sounding module.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22.01.2009, 07:30 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

@DeFex - really cool setup, a tweaker's delight!

@SoulidState - I have an Evolver, and it's definitely "a beast on its own right". Note that it's a hybrid analog/digital synth of rather unconventional design. The analog oscillators pass via internal A/D and D/A stages (the delay and high-pass filter are digital). Mopho, on the other hand, has a pure analog signal path - so, if it's analog goodness you're after, it seems a better choice.
Old 22.01.2009, 12:16 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Thanks DeFex, that looks pretty straightforward - I was trying to figure out metal brackets and tilting/hinges - far too complicated, your method looks perfect.

That really is great set up - what sort of stuff do you produce?
Old 22.01.2009, 03:10 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulidstate View Post
Cool setup DeFex. What can you say about the mopho and evolver?Are they beasts in their own rights? I am looking at getting one or the other.What suggestions can you give me? My objective is to get a real analog sounding module.

Thanks in advance.
well they are quite different. the mopho has 1 curtis filter and 2 analog (well DCO i guess) and can make some VERY analog sounds, you notice that most at the high and low end. It compliments the virus nicely. although the output is "stereo" it is only stereo because of a modulated output pan.
the interface is very simple, yet you can set it up to tweak what you want per voice. there are the 5 pots for every voice (tune, cutoff, rez, attack, decay) and 4 you can set to what you want. (quite often a factory voice will have those set to something that doesnt suit you, its easy to get something useful, without using the editor)
having a real display is nice as well compared to the evolver (ensoniq mirage vintage) 2 LED one
you can use this one without the editor more easilly than the evolver, but its nice to sit down and make your own soundset, load them in, and then tweak them from the panel (lots of variation is avaliable that way starting from your favourite sounds) then you can still have fun knob twiddling. and who doesnt like twiddling their knobs

the Evolver has true stereo signal path (not analog though) including 2 curtis filters, high pass (in DSP i believe) and 4 oscillators, 2 of which are wavetable (you can draw your own in the editor) it also has some unusual routing with delays and feedback, you can get a lot of KLANG out of it, if you know what i mean
when you first try it out you might not be very impressed, the sounds are a bit out there. and you wont really want to do much on the panel except tweaking some familiar parameters (i usually leave it on the filter row)
once you get the editor going and set up your own sounds then you realize how versatile and great a synth it really is.
You can make it step through the sequencer when it detects a peak on the audio input. that is a lot of fun.

they both have sequencers, generally when i use them i just let it step through per MIDI note and use them to add variation to the sound per note (subtle or not!)

P.S.
You can put the evolver and virus in a circular feedback loop of destruction by plugging their outputs in to their inputs. just make sure one of them is only outputting delayed signal (if you like your ears and speakers)