Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 02.09.2014, 03:30 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Default Just a trip down memory lane

For some reason tonight, I got on one of those research tangents that led me to remember the Roland MT-32:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_MT-32

As I looked it up, I thought -- HOLY CRAP "Linear Arithmetic Synthesis", there's something you don't hear very often these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_...etic_synthesis

The Roland D50 is probably on 90% of the pop tracks from the 80s. Heh, man there was some crap music back then, but that's beside the point The D50 did some things very well.

Glad I remember all of that. Back then, digital was to analog what analog is to soft synths today. One of the nice things about being no spring chicken is all the memories. It's amazing to have been around to see it all unfold. I remember being in music class at an early age, and the teacher telling us all about this new invention called the synthesizer. We didn't have one in class of course, the class wasn't large enough to house one and the school wouldn't have been able to afford one anyway. But, we had our imaginations and knew what we could do with them and also with ones like her once we got older and our cocks grew long enough These days it's all taken for granted -- kids are born with the silver spoon, the synthesizer built into their computer already and their e-penis is already fully formed before they've ever had a chance to develop their mind -- they can't develop their mind because the answer to all of life's questions is a simple google search away.. lol