Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.01.2007, 06:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight
Default Latency Optimization

Hey all,

Quickly searched through the forum and I couldn't find a response to how to optimize my Virus TI keyboard's latency in the following setup:

Right now I use my NI Kore for it's audio outs along with the most recent ASIO4ALL as my driver. I run it into my dual core toshiba (1.67 ghz) with 2 gigs of RAM and I am using this stuff inside Ableton Live 6. I can get very low latency results for my VSTi (3ms), but when I try to use my Virus I get noticeable latency along with crackling (indicating that my latency settings are too low?).

I've tried every different configuration of my drivers and audio outputs (from Kore, from Kore with it's own drivers, direct from my computer's headphone jack, from the Virus TI's outputs with it's driver / Kore's driver / ASIO4ALL, etc) and I can't seem to get acceptable results (I'm looking for overall latency to be around 3ms to 8ms). I've adjusted the latency settings in each driver too and I can't seem to find an optimized spot.

Any suggestions / advice on how to get this setup working well would be really appreciated! Thanks!