Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 25.04.2004, 10:48 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Two things:

1. There is already a cracked version of Korg Legacy Collection
2. I attended a demo of these synths and I was very impressed with the sounds quality. Although I've never used a real MS-20 or Polysix, their software emulations sound better than any other soft synth I have heard so far. I was especially impressed with MS-20's bass sounds, in a nutshell - gut-wrenching! Isn't that how we like them?

-REMIDI
Old 26.04.2004, 06:14 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ REMIDI
I was especially impressed with MS-20's bass sounds, in a nutshell - gut-wrenching! Isn't that how we like them?
I prefer trouser-flapping.
________
Wendie 99

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 26.04.2004, 06:17 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
I was especially impressed with MS-20's bass sounds, in a nutshell - gut-wrenching! Isn't that how we like them?
I prefer trouser-flapping.
________
ASIAN MATURE

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 28.04.2004, 01:31 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Two things:

1. There is already a cracked version of Korg Legacy Collection
2. I attended a demo of these synths and I was very impressed with the sounds quality. Although I've never used a real MS-20 or Polysix, their software emulations sound better than any other soft synth I have heard so far. I was especially impressed with MS-20's bass sounds, in a nutshell - gut-wrenching! Isn't that how we like them?

-REMIDI
I am definitely looking forward to having a listen.

I can't imagine the MS-20 replica comming close to the original, but I am looking forward to hearing what the soft Wavestation can do.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 14.08.2004, 11:35 AM

The thing is guys.........

You listen to the software versions and think there great. But why? What sounds great about them. Ive played both Poly6 and MS20 hardware versions.....and to my ears the software emulations sound boring.

I'd like to know why it is I feel this way about software synths in general. There is one exception.....the Virus. The Virus is the only softsynth that ive come to like. I think every set up needs a balance between Real and vitual analog + some nice wavetable + FM.

Alot of pop acts do use softsynth plugins.......and in my opinion...it just adds to th eshitness of the songs themselves. Pop music nowadays is bloody appalling......overused Triton presets and softsynths. The music has no real feeling and the instruments used have no atmosphere at all. I'd like to cast everyones mind back to groups like Japan and Genesis. Classic analog Prophet 5 strings, pads, blips and bleeps.......alot more real and atmospheric. Todays music sounds over produced, compressed, boring and fake. I attribute this to shitty song writing and SOFTSYNTHS!!!!!!!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 14.08.2004, 11:43 AM

However....

I do appreciate that old analogs are hard to come by. They need to be looked after and they are expensive to buy. Unfortunatley I must conceed that for the majority of people softsynths is the only way forward......but I really do feel that its at the detrimental cost to music.

Oh god I sound like such an arsehole......heheheh

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 14.08.2004, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
However....

I do appreciate that old analogs are hard to come by. They need to be looked after and they are expensive to buy. Unfortunatley I must conceed that for the majority of people softsynths is the only way forward......but I really do feel that its at the detrimental cost to music.

Oh god I sound like such an arsehole......heheheh

DS
Hehehe...you do sound like a jaded old, cynical muso

Pop music, especially most top ten stuff should always be viewed as the "money industry"....and NOT the "Music Industry", since this is really what it is about. Artistic fullfillment comes secondary to making money, and for what it is, it is good. It is there to provide an image, a trend, fashion, after all the music industry is a fashion industry. And these kids lap it up and buy heaps of albums and roll around in their cars thinkin they are the shit.....and the record labels and artists make shit loads of money, churning out sweatshop style tunes.....fundamentally they acheive what they set out to do.....make money. Sell an image, and make themselves celebrity's. This then gives the media something to write about ie rock star in fatal overdose/shooting,bitch fight.

So you have to try and not confuse the pop industry with the music industry, or the artistic side of music.....most normal people know that pop music is shit....and you take it for what it is. it will never change, and we should not bag it out because it does sustain alot of people, and at the same time, makes ALOT of people happy....and thats not a bad thing.

Actually, I kinda think pop music is getting a bit better. Songs like OutKasts "hey ya"....very catchy, cool, and fresh sounding pop. Stuff by N.E.R.D......breaking the "black R&B producer" stereotype....and making some cool tunes in the process....(not to mention making heaps of cash to allow them to fulfill their artistic desires)

Gosh.....I am starting to ramble on.....Wasnt this topic about softsynths or something? Oh yeah, I dont really like em'

jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 14.08.2004, 04:18 PM

I agree that there have been one or 2 good pop songs recently. I think the OutKast song is good too. But oh bollox...im tied and hot......ill goto bed and then maybe ill be able to think of something tom say about the crappy pop industry.

lol

signing off, nite nite

DS

Old 14.08.2004, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Err, ds it's not even 9 yet.. party!! party!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 14.08.2004, 07:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

and its saturday too!
jesus my little 6 yaer old brother goes to bed later then that :P