Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.09.2004, 02:53 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Virus Access KC/Newby ?

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and not a virus access user yet , but I intend on becoming one soon. I am contemplating buying the Virus access KC and was wondering 2 things:

1. How the feel of the keyboard is from a playing/performance perspective.Any other comments would also be appreciated. Unfortunately my local store does not have the kc in stock and therefore I am unable to try it out .
and
2. Is anyone aware of any new model releases 2005. I read in Future music that Virus are getting set for a new model release in 2005. It was not clear from the article exactly what model this was..... but obviously if this relates to the virus c, it will impact the price, so I am not sure if I should buy now or wait for the new release...any ideas ?.

thanks

Aster
Old 13.09.2004, 03:24 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Virus Access KC/Newby ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aster
1. How the feel of the keyboard is from a playing/performance perspective.Any other comments would also be appreciated. Unfortunately my local store does not have the kc in stock and therefore I am unable to try it out .
The keyboard is excellent. Very nice to play and has a slightly "spongy" feel. It's a sturdy Fatar keyboard which explains the quality. Needs a hammer blow to break it.

Quote:
and
2. Is anyone aware of any new model releases 2005. I read in Future music that Virus are getting set for a new model release in 2005. It was not clear from the article exactly what model this was..... but obviously if this relates to the virus c, it will impact the price, so I am not sure if I should buy now or wait for the new release...any ideas ?.
Frankfurt Musik Messe 2005 is coming and Winter NAMM 2005. Few years have passed from last actual new synth so it's quite possible that we'll se a new synth from Access next winter, but nothing is sure and all the talk is just rumors and speculation. We have speculated that subject on the forum before and some people believe it's a very different synth than Virus C (probably modular VA). It's a quite hard choice at this point to wait or to buy now and possibly get dissapointed in the winter.

Edit: And if the new release is a modular VA then it's very unlikely that it has any kind of impact on the Virus C price due the totally different nature of the synths.
Old 13.09.2004, 07:13 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Thanks 4 the reply.

I read the previous thread regarding speculation of the release of a virus d, the thread did not finish with any specific conclusions...I saw the helicopter page on the access website...do we know what this means.....

Aster
Old 13.09.2004, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aster
I read the previous thread regarding speculation of the release of a virus d, the thread did not finish with any specific conclusions...
Yup. As I said it was just speculation what probably is coming. There's hard to end up in a conclusion when no-one knows anything specific and everything is based on a wild rumor and an intuition.

Quote:
I saw the helicopter page on the access website...do we know what this means.....
Nobody knows (except Access people). I would bet my kidney that Access releases a completely new product in the winter but as I said I really can't say what it could be. I'd guess modular Virus to break the monopoly of Clavia in modular VA sector, but that's just my thought. Actually the new product could be anything.
Old 14.09.2004, 12:37 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I want wavetable synthesis!
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 14.09.2004, 11:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

why not a va modular with wavetable oscilators saba?
wouldnt that open your mind completly?
Old 14.09.2004, 12:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I guess I need to hear some wavetable sounds so I can see what all the fuss is about - where can I find some good examples?
Old 14.09.2004, 05:01 PM

find a waldorf xt :P
or download a demo of the korg wavestation vsti
Old 14.09.2004, 05:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
find a waldorf xt :P
or download a demo of the korg wavestation vsti
erm .. thanks

The Wavestation uses wavesequencing which is different, isn't it? I used to own the AD, so I know that sound anyhow.
Old 14.09.2004, 06:31 PM

all vector\wavetable synths have wavesequencing feature i think.
the nice about wavetable is that you can never "run out of sounds"
you can load waveforms of your own with a spacial wav to midi convertor
at least thats what i know about the XT...
saba loves the xt synth maybe he can add more about it im sure he read alot about it.