Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.07.2005, 05:35 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to obliterations
Default For Free

I saved and saved, Then put in the order.
I've been waiting for my virus for so long...
when I get its going to be like I got it for free.

I like the idea of a tape drive...Maybe they should bring back the hexadecimal screens like on the Ensoniq Mirage while they are at it.
Oohh Ohh, and the Akai Smart media disks.
Logic 7.1.1
Old 31.07.2005, 03:42 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Has ANY synth made by ANY decent manufacturer been released on time EVER?

No.

You can't compare anything to the Virus TI, it will be head and shoulders above any competing synth, you could even say that about the Virus C. Other synths certainly have their place, but in the virtual analog market the Virus is king and the Virus TI will be the best VA synth until the next Virus comes out.

I'd much rather wait until whatever problems they are having are fixed than have a synth with bugs. Any owner of Waldorf synths can attest to that. Not a single one of their synths is bug free. They kept putting off fixing them, chalking it up to having a small design team and that switching between different sets of code for each synth would slow down the entire process because they would have to reacclimate themselves to the code... and what happened in the end? Waldorf made dozens of promises that things would get fixed and then went out of business. Now there are thousands of Waldorf synths and Waldorf synth owners with synths that don't work how they were supposed to.

Wait. It'll be worth it. I'd rather have a perfectly functional synth a year from now than a buggy synth today.

(BTW, I'd like to think the delay is because they are adding Linux support , I also posted this on another forum, so if you're reading it twice I'm sorry if that offends you...)
Old 31.07.2005, 07:33 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibious
Now there are thousands of Waldorf synths and Waldorf synth owners with synths that don't work how they were supposed to.

Wait. It'll be worth it. I'd rather have a perfectly functional synth a year from now than a buggy synth today.
Good point Amphibious...Just imagine Access out of business in 1 year

Saying that have they been IN business for the last year
Old 31.07.2005, 07:49 PM
Pro
Pro

My MicroQ and Pulse work very well here. No problems at all. Shame what happened to Waldorf.

Access bit a completely new set of problems by bringing the usb and plugin integration into a synthesizer. Standard midi & audio connections would have been problem free. I would have been happy if they just released a virus d with TI specs but without the total integration. An Adat optical out with 8 separate channels would have been a nice replacement for the usb and TI stuff. And they still could use that vst-like GUI but just to control the synth.
Old 01.08.2005, 01:12 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Total Integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
My MicroQ and Pulse work very well here. No problems at all. Shame what happened to Waldorf.

Access bit a completely new set of problems by bringing the usb and plugin integration into a synthesizer. Standard midi & audio connections would have been problem free. I would have been happy if they just released a virus d with TI specs but without the total integration.
Personally I think the "Total Integration" is a great idea. The midi connection is out dated. If it were up to me I would replace it with some sort of usb connection that could be used keyboard to keyboard or keyboard to computer. Might just make the midi interface obsolete. It would also make it possible for every keyboard to record straight to Hard disk without having to buy an interface with digital ins. Access is going in the right direction.
Logic 7.1.1
Old 01.08.2005, 06:42 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Personally I think the "Total Integration" is a great idea....

Well, only if you can make the damn thing work...

Best,
midi.
Old 02.08.2005, 12:51 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midi_Glider
Well, only if you can make the damn thing work...
Hahah yea

I think it is the way forward though. It will be nice just having the 1 connection for both audio and MIDI style interface. Since its not Firewire its a bit more compatible with computers as well. Definately a good thing.
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 03.08.2005, 05:42 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Phillips
Since its not Firewire its a bit more compatible with computers as well. Definately a good thing.
This is my biggest gripe with the specs of the TI.
You honestly believe USB1@12mb/s is better then firewire@400mb/s just because more crap packaged home pcs come with a usb port? beh.
The only thing that would make this rediculous delay excusable would be if access were actually taking the time to upgrade the usb to firewire (400 or 800) outputs (about as much chance of this as the TI arriving before the end of this year).

cheers

blay
Old 03.08.2005, 06:17 AM
Am starting to like this forum

You sure about those specs? Hi-speed USB is like 480mbit/sec I believe. Those speeds I don't think would be really necessary even unless it had sampling. I think the TI specs exceed its capabilities and requirements IMO.

I might be wrong though but I thought the TI was on Hi-speed USB2 specs.
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 03.08.2005, 07:10 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Phillips
I might be wrong though but I thought the TI was on Hi-speed USB2 specs.
Naw, from what I heard from a friend of friend... whos ex-boyfriend looked like a girlfriend I had back in Feb. They are taking out the USB and replacing it with a 50pin SCSI cable.

On a serious note. I think the USB 2.0 is faster than the Firewire 400. But not faster than the Firewire 800.

The Access Virus specks say:
"USB2 compatible device, 12Mbit data transfer rate"

Of course by the time we get the Virus TI Im sure the USB cable will be obsolete, Younger kids will start calling me "Sir".
Logic 7.1.1