Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.03.2009, 11:30 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Resolved : Did not realise using Acess as AudioInterface would lose 1 USB output. :@(

Hi just updated the system hoping to get see the bugs ironed out but not much luck.

Whilst it works iam getting the following when selecting 3 outputs/1input (see Jpeg).

Any ideas please.

Thanks i think I may go back to 2.75 or 3.0 didnt seem to get these issue until 3.15 and 3.16 updates....going backwards rather than forwards

Will feedback to Access support see what response I get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Virus TI 3.0.16 Error.jpg (37.5 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by TheHobbit : 11.03.2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06.03.2009, 07:30 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
Hi just updated the system hoping to get see the bugs ironed out but not much luck.

Whilst it works iam getting the following when selecting 3 outputs/1input (see Jpeg).

Any ideas please.

Thanks i think I may go back to 2.75 or 3.0 didnt seem to get these issue until 3.15 and 3.16 updates....going backwards rather than forwards

Cubase doesn't support USB inputs.
Old 06.03.2009, 08:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:

Any ideas please.

we spend time on improving the error messages. this is one of those we edited. obviously it still needs refining. what is unclear about this error message and why do you think it's a bug?

marc
Old 06.03.2009, 04:57 PM
Pro
Pro

HI thanks for the info mark have contacted access.de support.

A refresh of the virus ie : remove all connection power on holding down 'arp' button on Virus as got the 3 outputs and input on the 1/4'' jack outputs working however a strange occurence via USB and have followed this up with access support.

Press the Midi key see a signal response in Cubase midi channel. The audio channel for the TI in the vst strip shows audio in the level meters and main out for USB output 1 only however no sound and it the volume appears to drop when midi key released, ie signal stopped, and the level meters fades as if it is echoing. On USB outputs 2 and 3 I still see Midi signal response but no audio signal present in the level meters at all within the cubase mixer.

Quote ''why do you think it's a bug?''

I understand that it does not support sidechain but I wasnt trying to sidechain I was merely setting the 3output/1input function and it produced the error message. Then reset itself to 2outputs/no input. Like I said this was rectified on the reboot of the unit holding down the arp key.

As far as the USB goes it seems not to be working, but it maybe something I am misunderstanding...USB input is supported in Cubase as i have had it working previously. This i am guessing in not working is a bug?!

Looking forward to a positive response. Think I may just stick with 2.7.5 however will loose the additional patches I guess and also lose the input atomizer features. Being new to Access Virus I was looking forward to this bit of kit but it is proving a headace

I really am trusting Access to resolve these issues...it seems very irattic for an expensive bit of kit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Virus TI 3.0.16 Error small.jpg (95.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by TheHobbit : 06.03.2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Add image of problem
Old 06.03.2009, 06:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
I understand that it does not support sidechain but I wasnt trying to sidechain I was merely setting the 3output/1input function and it produced the error message. Then reset itself to 2outputs/no input. Like I said this was rectified on the reboot of the unit holding down the arp key.
the mode you've chosen (3 outputs / one input) stands for sidechain. the input is the sidechain. maybe that's the misunderstanding?

marc
Old 06.03.2009, 06:53 PM
Pro
Pro

Marc.

Please could you explain how I can use the ASIO driver in Cubase with the Access Virus as an audio input. I am not trying to use it as a side chain or an effect purely routing external audio into Cubase via the Virus TI which has audio inputs. I want to use it as the main input device from the mixer? Is this possible as I understood the Virus can be used as a soundcard. In the ASIO setup in cubase for connections it clearly shows Virus TI as input and output?

I am getting more confused? You are saying that Access Virus Ti does not support sidechain, yet sidechain is also the same as the audio input?

As quoted from Access's website :

http://www.access-music.de/events/11...virustidesktop

''Connected to a computer, you also may use the audio and MIDI ports on your VIRUS TI to connect it to an analog desk and MIDI interface or choose a more advanced approach... Once connected via USB your sequencer can send it’s master output through the VIRUS’ studio grade outputs. The VIRUS input section can be used to record audio as if it were a well-equipped soundcard. The MIDI ports turn into a MIDI interface which can talk to other keyboards or effects."

And it still doesn't explain why the USB inputs are not working either?

Surely the unit should stream audio through 3 audio outs routed via USB into Cubase and also record any audio signal coming in via the input from an external desk. It seems simple written down in practise it is not working!?

Last edited by TheHobbit : 06.03.2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06.03.2009, 07:26 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Marc.

Please could you explain [...]
hi,

side chaining mean feeding audio into an effect or synth. in the plug-in world it kind of means giving the synth an input at all.
the analog inputs of the virus, when used as a soundcard, can be used as the system (or host if you like) soundcard. but that's not the same as side chaining. if you don't switch the mode to "3 outputs / 1 input" but " 3 outputs / no input" (or whatever it is called) it will work fine. if that's the misunderstanding we really have to change the naming of this option in virus control.

best, marc
Old 06.03.2009, 07:45 PM
Pro
Pro

Ok for clarity as this is getting a little confusing here. So to start from scratch.

I want to setup the Virus with 3 outputs/1 input. Then I want to assign the 3 outputs via USB 1/2/3 (this is currently showing meter level readings but no sound although audio is showing as registered in the Cubase mixer GUI).

I also want to use the input for routing external synths/drum machines/etc into my external mackie mixer. From the mixe I have 2 x 1/4'' Jacks routed into the Virus's input. This should allow me to use the Virus as an input as a soundcard interface to capture in an audio track in cubase.

When i select 3 outputs/1input I get the 'sidechain' error message as previously mentioned. Let me stress I am purely attempting to use the Virus's input as an input for external hardware kit. Not as an external effects processor. No where I am attempting to use sidechaining...it is only the VC software that produces this error when setting up ion VC utility as 3 outputs/1input.

Hope this clear things up.

I have attached a basic sketch which I hope helps with my explanation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Routing.jpg (10.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 06.03.2009, 10:38 PM
Infektion taking hold...

OK, long story short.

If you look in Virus Control where it gives you these options, you'll see that it's called USB Audio. The one input means one stereo input via USB or in the Virus's case, the internal sidechaining that Marc has been telling you about. Currently, this is not supported in Cubase 4 or 5, hence you receiving that message.

To use the Virus's inputs the way that you described in the previous post, choose the 3 output / 0 input option. This will make the USB input disabled and re-enable the analog/spdif inputs on the Virus.

Make sense now?
Old 07.03.2009, 12:01 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Non USB Audio Input no signal response in Cubase.

Thanks for the message Alex.

One issue left to be able to get the audio signal from the external input on Virus responding in Cubase...Help appreciated again please.

Alex a follow up with 3outputs/0 inputs I am now getting the USB audio for USB1... fantastic...you have made it very clear.

Thank you thank you much appreciated

My error was not realising the output/input assignment as USB exclusively and treating it as a generic output/input option. That I believe is the root of my misunderstaning I was having porblems on understanding why sidechaining was even being mentioned but this s/c is a cubase issue with VST2s.

M

Last edited by TheHobbit : 08.03.2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Update see new post