Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 15.05.2009, 01:09 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Why does my TI need to be reset so often?

For some reason, it seems like my TI needs to be reset (disconnecting and reconnecting of power/usb cables and holding down ARP Edit) every couple of weeks. This happens most often when doing an OS update, but also happens randomly over some short period of days or weeks. The result is that when I load Cubase, it will say that there's no Virus Driver/Device loaded and to reinstall the software, even though the TI shows up fine in the Windows Device Manager. Despite what this message says, resetting the TI remedies this problem and all is well until it happens again.

I am not pointing the finger at Access as I'm sure it's equally possible that either something with my computer or power outlets could be causing this as well.

Does anyone know what could be going on?
Old 15.05.2009, 03:38 AM
Pro
Pro

Try a new USB cable. It worked for me.
Old 15.05.2009, 09:28 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Cool, thanks for the tip. I just swapped out for a new cable and have a couple others to try if the problem persists. I guess I'll have to wait at least a few weeks before I can post an update.
Old 03.06.2009, 04:00 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Update:

I switched my USB cable to one of the thicker, kind of see through ones that has LED lights on the USB connectors. Did the update to OS v3.0.3 and did not have to reset my Virus. In fact, I've gone the past 3 weeks without having to reset it so I think the cable may have fixed it.

Thanks for the suggestion and I will keep this post updated as new OS's are released.