Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 07.04.2009, 12:07 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I may not understand your problem but I have cubase 4 and have added sidechaining with in cubase to my virus. if i couldnt do this in cubase 5 i wouldnt bother buying it. it's a very important feature for me.

it doesnt work on the original cubase 4 but they added the feature in 1 of the upgrades.
Old 07.04.2009, 06:31 AM
Pro
Pro

Thanks mitchiemasha no worries, it was more to do with the latest update supporting vst3 and selecting the viruses 3outs/1input option with cubase not being able to support the viruses input which works as a sidechain via USB.
In other words load cubase, load access vc and try selecting 3outs/1in you will see an error message to do with cubase not supporting sidechaining.

Anyway Im moving on and waiting for an update from steinberg if it ever happens.

Juist frustrating having an available feature thats not supported by a very popoular DAW host.

From the looks of things its a Steinberg issue rather than Access.

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 08.04.2009, 10:47 PM
Pro
Pro

Default for registered cuvase 5 users /:)

http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewt...=855054#855054

Old 09.04.2009, 08:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
I may not understand your problem but I have cubase 4 and have added sidechaining with in cubase to my virus. if i couldnt do this in cubase 5 i wouldnt bother buying it. it's a very important feature for me.

it doesnt work on the original cubase 4 but they added the feature in 1 of the upgrades.
cubase supports side chaining into insert effects but it doesn't support it for instruments - that's true for cubase 4 and 5. furthermore, cubase even displays a side chain input when you switch it on for instruments but it doesn't support the functionality. steinberg claims, this is a bug in cubase. all other big sequencers support side chain inputs for instruments.

marc
Old 09.04.2009, 12:49 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
cubase supports side chaining into insert effects but it doesn't support it for instruments - that's true for cubase 4 and 5. furthermore, cubase even displays a side chain input when you switch it on for instruments but it doesn't support the functionality. steinberg claims, this is a bug in cubase. all other big sequencers support side chain inputs for instruments.

marc
I really, really hope Steinberg doesn't pull a fast one and only include sidechain inputs on the new Cubase 5. Cubase 4 is on the same engine and there is no reason why it too couldn't have this feature implemented. If they only include this in Cubase 5 to up sales I will do the opposite and find another DAW.
Old 09.04.2009, 06:44 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I am pretty certain that there are going to be no further updates to Cubase 4, so if it's dependent on Steinberg to update their software to implement this... my guess would be that you would have to have Cubase 5 to do it.
Old 09.04.2009, 07:43 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
cubase supports side chaining into insert effects but it doesn't support it for instruments - that's true for cubase 4 and 5
i'm going to have to post up how I added side chaining to my virus. I used an audio sample of a kick drum to create some serious ducking to a big fat lead coming out of my virus. you might not be able to use an audio input on your virus to trigger your sidechain but you could just record it then use it from an audio track.

I might be going down the total wrong road with what you guys are on abt but there is always a way.
Old 09.04.2009, 07:48 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

oh! you want to use the input as the trigger. just read the link.
Old 10.04.2009, 08:45 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
there are things in VST3 which we would like to use in the future. right now, it doesn't matter much which version you're using. but since this is a public beta test we take the chance to see, if there are remaining problems in the VST3 port.
as for faith and fixes/adjustments in cubase all i can say that we are in communication with them and there is a mutual understanding of what needs to be done.

best, marc
Thank god for you guys Marc.

Maybe you can talk some sense into them since they will NEVER listen to their customers/potential customers (complete opposite to you! - maybe they will catch a Virus off you? )
Old 11.04.2009, 05:11 PM
Pro
Pro

Marc

I appreciate the communication and hopeful steps you are taking with Steinberg and hope for a positive result regarding supporting for VST instrument input support with the USB 3/output/1input configuration.

All the best

M