Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 05.10.2013, 03:33 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator View Post
But Live and Push are separeted, one can buy a Launchpad instead, just for price-scaring of Push alone. It depends on what you play and your workflow.

I would not see a new controller every year (like NI do), because that 'Apple-like-approach' is too aggressive for me.
A new maschine every year is like a new iPhone every year; I really cross fingers for not to see a new Push in the next 4 years!
What good would your push controller be without Live??????? Or launchpad for that matter
The push controller is a relatively new concept & I guarantee there will be a new version out very soon.
Old 05.10.2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Bare in mind that the new Maschine does not - in any way - render the previous useless or outdated. The new one is intended to be their flagship model, with better interface and screens, but it's also the bigger one, hence it's name "Maschine Studio", as they (and pretty much anyone) can foresee this as a unit more suited for studio work then live performance where size does indeed matter!

Not only it doesn't entirely replace or make the previous models feel old, you can actually see the previous getting better with the software updates - and god knows that matters for keeping things interesting!

I think the idea behind Push and Maschine is way to similar! Both - like Berni said - can't live without their dedicated software behind them. There are tradeoffs to this approach as compared to a totally stand alone unit like the classic MPC, but there are also advantages and I think they're doing a tremendous job at making them stand out! You can turn your ideas into great sounding music with no sync or recording issues at all while having fun with an interface and that's half the job done btw! I think we will see more and more products like this!
Old 06.10.2013, 09:49 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
What good would your push controller be without Live??????? Or launchpad for that matter
I mean that in terms of high price one can have just Live without Push. While you can't split Maschine studio to pay less and have just the software, you have to pay 1000$.
Of course i know they're not standalone controllers!

These are great controllers tho, and TweakHead is right, MS it's a flagship for studios that can afford it. And yes, they're the future of music creation.

my soundcloud page
Old 06.10.2013, 05:41 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator View Post
I mean that in terms of high price one can have just Live without Push. While you can't split Maschine studio to pay less and have just the software, you have to pay 1000$.
Of course i know they're not standalone controllers!

These are great controllers tho, and TweakHead is right, MS it's a flagship for studios that can afford it. And yes, they're the future of music creation.
You can get the Maschine mikro with the same software as the others for $350 which is about half the price of a push controller or the standard version of Live 9.
Old 11.10.2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
You can get the Maschine mikro with the same software as the others for $350 which is about half the price of a push controller or the standard version of Live 9.
anyone updated yet to the new software?
Old 11.10.2013, 02:33 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
Not yet here, but I'm planning to upgrade just to get the drum synthesizer (the newest version of FLStudio came with a kick drum synth that's very useful, so I'm really interested in the Maschine offering here).

I've got some voucher credit that will bring the price down for the upgrade too. Just too overwhelmed with many other things right now (other toys -- work, etc... in that order hehe)
Old 12.10.2013, 05:41 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
I'm pretty sure its not out yet. Will probably happen when the new studio version is released.
Old 12.10.2013, 02:00 PM

I haven't had much need to look at the MS Surface tablets, because I've got my iPad for everything I'd use a tablet for, and "real computers" for everything else. However, over the last couple of months, two of my friends picked up Surface Pro's and both are gushing about them, and how useful it is to have a "real computer" in a tablet form. Both of these guys are primarily Apple fans (one is a confirmed MS hater). Remember the Surface Pro is not the same as Surface RT, it's more like the equivalent of having an iPad that can run either iOS or OS X on the same tablet, albeit at the speed of a Mac Book Pro! Meaning use a real mouse/keyboard/monitor with it if you want, otherwise use it like a tablet.

Then I saw this vid, and realized what a nice solution this might be for someone that was highly dependent on Maschine workflow and/or wants to use it like a standalone piece of gear. Not where I personally am headed with Maschine, but a nice setup for some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cMdvdBr9OOo
Old 01.11.2013, 09:05 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

just downloaded the new Maschine 2.0 software...lots of new stuff to explore this weekend
Old 02.11.2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
just downloaded the new Maschine 2.0 software...lots of new stuff to explore this weekend
How's the drum synth? Anything else stand out as a must-have?

I was actually going to download this last night, then I realized the e-voucher I had reserved for this purpose was only valid with an expansion pack. So I'm still going to do it but it dropped on my priority list a bit