Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.04.2009, 03:32 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via Skype™ to flipside
Default Mad GUI glitches in RTAS VC. Anyone else experiencing/NOT experiencing this??

I have reported this to Access, but I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else here has a setup identical to mine, and whether or not you have the same problems I do. Or more interestingly, do you have the same setup and NOT the same issues? That would narrow it down to something specific at my place. VC DID work fine before OS3 though.

First, my setup

Quad core 2,66Ghz Intel Mac Pro, 3GB 667 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM RAM, running Os X Leopard, and Pro Tools 8. I have a Virus TI mk1 Polar.

Ever since OS 3 (with all the public betas) I've had the following problem:

When I insert Virus Control on an instrument channel, it works fine. Then I close the plugin window, and open it again. Now the GUI is all messed up. In order to click on anything in the plugin, I need to click about an inch or two ABOVE the graphical representation of the button. And selecting the different parts of the plugin (Osc, filter, etc) leaves all kinds of glitches in the graphics below.

To give an impression of the difference in the GUI and where I click: When I click on the part 1 button, part 4 gets lit. I also had the two semitones out of tune issue for a long while, but I think that's not present anymore with the latest public betas. But the graphical glitches makes the plugin unusable for me. What's even more strange is that Access Support said they only had my report on this.

I have tried connecting the virus to all the available USB ports, I've tried disconnecting all other USB devices (2 USB dongles and one external USB drive), except my mouse and keyboard.

Best,
Alex
Old 25.04.2009, 04:21 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
I have reported this to Access, but I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else here has a setup identical to mine, and whether or not you have the same problems I do. Or more interestingly, do you have the same setup and NOT the same issues? That would narrow it down to something specific at my place. VC DID work fine before OS3 though.

First, my setup

Quad core 2,66Ghz Intel Mac Pro, 3GB 667 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM RAM, running Os X Leopard, and Pro Tools 8. I have a Virus TI mk1 Polar.

Ever since OS 3 (with all the public betas) I've had the following problem:

When I insert Virus Control on an instrument channel, it works fine. Then I close the plugin window, and open it again. Now the GUI is all messed up. In order to click on anything in the plugin, I need to click about an inch or two ABOVE the graphical representation of the button. And selecting the different parts of the plugin (Osc, filter, etc) leaves all kinds of glitches in the graphics below.

To give an impression of the difference in the GUI and where I click: When I click on the part 1 button, part 4 gets lit. I also had the two semitones out of tune issue for a long while, but I think that's not present anymore with the latest public betas. But the graphical glitches makes the plugin unusable for me. What's even more strange is that Access Support said they only had my report on this.

I have tried connecting the virus to all the available USB ports, I've tried disconnecting all other USB devices (2 USB dongles and one external USB drive), except my mouse and keyboard.

Best,
Alex
do you mean this one? http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=237250

best, marc
Old 25.04.2009, 05:08 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

OSX Leopard + Pro Tools 8 + Virus Control 3 = Computer Hell....

After spending months trying to get this particular scenario working properly I have given up. Leopard still has bugs, pro tools 8 has even more & Virus Control 3 is still in beta testing. I have experienced the GUI problem, the arp sync problem & the whole thing just crashing & freezing problem.
I went back to OSX Tiger & pro tools 7.4 & all is better now. I've got more done this last week than anytime in the last few months of trying out endless beta versions of VC....let me know when its ready already.
Old 26.04.2009, 10:02 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
do you mean this one? http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=237250

best, marc
Well, that appears to be it. Strange how you can google yourself to death and still not find the answer to what you're looking for although it's there allright.

I'll just wait for the CS update then!

Thanks

Best,
Alex
Old 26.04.2009, 10:05 AM
Infektion taking hold...

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?lang...4&itemid=37053

It's already here! Downloading now...

Best,
Alex
Old 26.04.2009, 10:49 AM
Infektion taking hold...

And lo and behold, it works!!! YAY! Wooohooo!

Alex
Old 26.04.2009, 12:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
Well, that appears to be it. Strange how you can google yourself to death and still not find the answer to what you're looking for although it's there allright.

I'll just wait for the CS update then!

Thanks

Best,
Alex
there is a couple of CSS news feeds on the digidesign homepage which you can subscribe to. i wouldn't have known it otherwise.

marc