Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 22.05.2009, 12:57 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I think it's just not the "done" thing, to offer money for a patch. We all help each other make sounds for free here. It just seems weird to be told there is a price tag attached.

-Annikk
Old 22.05.2009, 12:57 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
i was just answering and guessing to the question Matt von k was putting.
Guess reading is also difficult...but it seems that you speak for most of the people.

And no...i have no idea who you are...and you have totally no idea who I am...so that makes two..

Let us just leave it this way....whish you good luck in finding the 30 dollar patch.
Old 22.05.2009, 01:10 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanNaumov View Post
Heyyy guys,

I have another patch for all you guru's out there to recreate. Whoever can recreate this sound as close to the sample as posssible i will personally transfer $30 to your Paypal account for rights to the patch.
I'm not a synthesis whizkid but considering your offering ridiculous amounts for single patches, give me either a TI2 or enough money for one and I'll create any patch you ever need for life
Old 22.05.2009, 02:25 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to JordanNaumov Send a message via Skype™ to JordanNaumov

I didn't realize offering an incentive for a patch was going to be such a big deal. In fact i thought people would really dig the idea but obviously not.

How about i scrap the $30 incentive and offer my honest gratitude for anyone that can come up with something similar?!?

And go buy it at beatport.com

Last edited by JordanNaumov : 22.05.2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 22.05.2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikk.exe View Post
I think it's just not the "done" thing, to offer money for a patch. We all help each other make sounds for free here. It just seems weird to be told there is a price tag attached.
At one extreme, you might have people that join the board, ask for a patch for free, and then are never seen again without so much as a thankyou.

In this case, someone wished to offer an incentive to reward a potential skilled programmer who may normally keep their patches close to their chest or similar.

Of course those who have been here a while and have built up communcation and friendship, many people would fall over their heels to help for free as they know their work would be respected. I'm categorically not saying that new forumers should offer money for patches as a way to get them, but a few programmers may be wary.

Either way, if people are respectful in asking for patches, regardless of whether they were asking a favour for free or even for purchasing, and regardless of how new they are, then I don't have a problem with it. Luckily in these parts it's a free world. If someone wanted to trade a camel for a 303 patch, and another person could knock up a decent 303 patch and happened to require a camel, then I'm not going to stop them!

Understandably in this case the initial wording was slightly askew.
Old 22.05.2009, 05:35 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

It seems some people are angry they cant recreate patches as easily as lets say "Flipside" has done recently, and dont feel bad I cant make exact replicas either. I dont see any problem with it he wasnt telling the people who are getting angry directly he was asking if anyone would help him. Thirty bills is a bit much lets keep it around 5 or we could start a patch sharing section in the forum. I would post some of my favorates. My2$
Old 23.05.2009, 12:36 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to JordanNaumov Send a message via Skype™ to JordanNaumov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
It seems some people are angry they cant recreate patches as easily as lets say "Flipside" has done recently, and dont feel bad I cant make exact replicas either. I dont see any problem with it he wasnt telling the people who are getting angry directly he was asking if anyone would help him. Thirty bills is a bit much lets keep it around 5 or we could start a patch sharing section in the forum. I would post some of my favorates. My2$
Your post couldn't be any closer to the truth.

Maybe my original offer was to high but the only reason why i offered $30 was because, to me it's an advanced patch to recreate. I'm not new to syntheses neither am i new to any Access product but as ShortBus said there's some patches out there that are really hard to recreate no matter how knowledgeable you may be.

Anyway hope there's no hard feeling's.. geez i've only been a member on here for a few weeks, surely i can't blacklist myself that quicky

Old 23.05.2009, 12:39 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
We could start a patch sharing section in the forum. I would post some of my favorates. My2$
Awesome idea. I'd happily share my patches.

Old 23.05.2009, 09:01 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via Skype™ to flipside

I'll do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanNaumov View Post
Secondly what's wrong with offering cash to someone with more experience than myself for an exchange of a great patch that will get used alot? There isn't many people that actually have a go at recreating some of the sounds that get requested so i decided to offer an incentive. What's the big deal?
There is no big deal, it's a fair request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
[...]Either way, if people are respectful in asking for patches, regardless of whether they were asking a favour for free or even for purchasing, and regardless of how new they are, then I don't have a problem with it.
Exactly! Even though the "normal" practice around here is patch trading for free, I don't find a request like that offensive. Hello, it's the way it works, isn't it? You get paid to do a job?

Please, do not take this as boasting or anything like that, but as I said earlier, it's not an unusual process in the part of the music business I've dealt with. I've made deals on a per-patch basis, where I get paid after doing say 10 patches. These are deals that have come together outside of any forums, but in lack of knowing someone, what better place to look than a virus forum.

All imho, and best regards,
Alex

Last edited by flipside : 23.05.2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 23.05.2009, 12:32 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Flipside to the rescue!