Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.04.2009, 09:02 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Windows 7,Access Virus and Cubase 5

Hi I know this is premature however...I have recently tried Windows 7 (32 bit) and all is ok etc with Access installing, however, I am unable to use my old Emagic Unitor 8 as the drivers wont install on W7.

I thought I'd try using the Virus however it appears Windows 7 in the properties of Midi for the Virus, is showing as not working...is this correct, anyone else had success.

I dont expect Access to respond as I say its on Beta OS but just wondering as everything else, so far, is running smoothly.

Cheers

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 28.04.2009, 09:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
Hi I know this is premature however...I have recently tried Windows 7 (32 bit) and all is ok etc with Access installing, however, I am unable to use my old Emagic Unitor 8 as the drivers wont install on W7.

I thought I'd try using the Virus however it appears Windows 7 in the properties of Midi for the Virus, is showing as not working...is this correct, anyone else had success.

I dont expect Access to respond as I say its on Beta OS but just wondering as everything else, so far, is running smoothly.

Cheers
we haven't done much testing yet. tests are planned but eventual issues won't be covered in the next virus os builds.

best, marc
Old 29.04.2009, 01:16 PM
New here
New here

Hi,

I think I have a solution for your problem.

First download this tool: http://blogs.pingpoet.com/overflow/p...s-20050611.zip

to extract the data of the .msi virus installer file.

After that go to the device manager and manually install the drivers for the virus midi and audio device with the path of the extracted files.

For me this worked perfectly. But unfortunately the Virus performance is not very well under windows 7! A lot of crackles and if you have the virus control vst open it goes even worse...
Old 29.04.2009, 01:27 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painfilter View Post
Hi,

For me this worked perfectly. But unfortunately the Virus performance is not very well under windows 7! A lot of crackles and if you have the virus control vst open it goes even worse...

I did the same thing; installed the drivers manually and everything works. No crackles here. Only bug I found so far is the VC GUI being very sluggish. Like it's eating up the GPU. even the Cubase 5 GUI slows down when it's open.
RAM: 2x 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
CPU: C2D E6850 @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: GF 8800GT 512MB
Sound: E-mu 1212M
DSP: UAD-2 Duo
USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...
Old 29.04.2009, 08:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.F. View Post
I did the same thing; installed the drivers manually and everything works. No crackles here. Only bug I found so far is the VC GUI being very sluggish. Like it's eating up the GPU. even the Cubase 5 GUI slows down when it's open.
eventually steinberg has to update VST GUI for that. the virus utilises seinberg's code to display stuff on screen. but as i said, we haven to look into it anyway.

best, marc

ps. nevertheless, reports are welcome