Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.10.2008, 12:01 AM
New here
New here

Default Realtime rendering?? :S

Hi i am a very new hardware user.. when i should save a project in fruityloops to mp3 with ofcourse virus, it stays following..

''WARNING for technical reasons FREEZING and offline rendering of virus is not supported

WORKAROUND, when rendering to disk, use REALTIME rendering.''

this sounds of course like chineese for me, what should i do ?:O

//KRIS
Old 05.10.2008, 09:19 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via Skype™ to flipside

I've never used FL, but..

"offline rendering" means that it renders your track to disc faster than playback, and so you won't hear the track play while it's being done.. While this is fine when you just use FL's internal synths and effects, this is not possible when the virus is part of the picture..

So, you need to either record your virus parts to audio channels in FL first, or use (if available within FL) a way of outputing to mp3 that doesn't involve offline rendering. Meaning that you have to "bounce" or "render" the track while it's being played. I would assume there is an option somewhere when you want to export to mp3? That says if you should use offline rendering or not?

hth,
Alex
Old 05.10.2008, 08:42 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
I've never used FL, but..

"offline rendering" means that it renders your track to disc faster than playback, and so you won't hear the track play while it's being done.. While this is fine when you just use FL's internal synths and effects, this is not possible when the virus is part of the picture..

So, you need to either record your virus parts to audio channels in FL first, or use (if available within FL) a way of outputing to mp3 that doesn't involve offline rendering. Meaning that you have to "bounce" or "render" the track while it's being played. I would assume there is an option somewhere when you want to export to mp3? That says if you should use offline rendering or not?

hth,
Alex
Hi thanks for your answer!

No there is no option of that kind in FL studio, maybe it have something to do with my soundcard? i have a standard windows.

Is there another program like cubase or sonar that could just make a simple save to mp3 from a project ivolved with my virus snow?.

//KRIS teh virus newbie
Old 06.10.2008, 10:47 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPeiy View Post
Hi thanks for your answer!

No there is no option of that kind in FL studio, maybe it have something to do with my soundcard? i have a standard windows.

Is there another program like cubase or sonar that could just make a simple save to mp3 from a project ivolved with my virus snow?.
I use Cubase Studio 4 for that reason, as opposed to Cubase Essential 4. Essential didn't have the "Realtime Export" function and Studio does. It's a little checkbox that you can tick when performing an audio mixdown.
Old 06.10.2008, 04:04 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

what about reading and working through the FL Studio tutorial that comes with your software? just a suggestion, because it is explained in there.

r
Old 06.10.2008, 04:24 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

It's not to do with your soundcard, as Flip said you would need to physically record the Virus in realtime and import it as a track into your sequencer, or lay it down (bounce it) with all your other tracks (realtime rendering within your sequencer).

Once done, I'd be more inclined to export the song in Wav format and use a completely separate program (such as RazorLAME with the LAME codec) to fully customise and optimise for the MP3 format. You can always keep the non-lossy Wav as a master backup (for archiving) afterwards, otherwise you would have to render it all again at a later time if you wanted another copy of it. At least with a Wav master you're not burning your bridges like with MP3.
Old 07.10.2008, 12:02 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

maybe you can add an audio channel ... and just record the output signal into there.
once done solo that channel and render to wave (export).
so you play it in realtime and don't have to use additional software to accomplish this.

no clue of FL
Old 13.10.2008, 09:51 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to CyberKenny

I'd suggest Edison as an "audio logger". It's an option in FL's mixer from version 8 and up.

- Highlight the mixer track with the Virus and press SHIFT-E to "Open audio logger".
- Press Play in FL Studio and you're good to go!

I'll leave it to you how you work with the audio you record, but my golden tip is to save the waveform with a descriptive name and using the "Insert in playlist" option found in the Tools menu.

Just thought I should mention this jewel of a plugin!
Old 22.08.2010, 07:00 PM
New here
New here

This method works but the timing still seems to be off by like half a second. REALLY FRUSTRATING.
Old 23.08.2010, 07:43 AM
Pro
Pro

Drag it in time.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/