Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.04.2013, 06:17 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Virus w/out the TI (help)

Hi, After a long time of trying to use my Virus with the USB, I have accepted its not going to work with my iMac, Ableton, or Logic Pro without the horrible sync issues: (popping, buzzing, screeching, and locking up.)

So I am happy to work with the synth through MIDI, and analog audio. Now, that being said, I had gotten used to working on patches, the arp, automation, and all the other bells and whistles using the plugin Virus Control GUI. So, the last couple of nights have been frustrating because I am trying to get a grip on how to accomplish everything just using the the front control buttons, knobs , and LCD panel. So I am going to have many questions in the coming weeks, I assume. The first question is: how do I tell the synth using the front control panels, and the LCD, that I want to use all stereo analog outs, and furthermore, how do I access the different screens to assign the patches to the specific outs I want? So far I only seem to get to assign a patch out of output 1. In LOgic Pro I can load another "external MIDI" track into the project, and then assign the track to Virus' channel 2 to trigger sounds. But, I cannot figure out how to navigate to channel 2's page in the LCD display. It was easy with VIrus COntrol because it was all right there.

Anyway all help is GREATLY appreciated. And, does anyone know of any documentation that explains in detail how to use the the front control panel?
There is nothing in the user manual to explain it.

Can't wait to get back into the synth, because it really is an awesome instrument.

Thanks, MC
Old 21.04.2013, 01:39 PM
New here
New here

I just bought a Virus TI a few weeks back and I'm in the same situation. The VC is comfortable to say the least when it comes to making patches. (And of course the recall bit) I've been doing the all analogue thing a bit too but i miss the VC. On my last project i used the VC despite the syncing errors, what i did was record every part several times using take folders in Logic and whenever a take had crackles or something i used another take on that part. I must say it worked out good, not too much of a headache.

I don't have much experience using MULTI-mode yet but i guess that's what you're after? I'm not at home so I can take a look at it later and get back to you.
Old 23.04.2013, 10:22 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Have you tried Virus TI Midi Editor based on Ctrlr?