Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 18.05.2007, 08:51 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus advice

Hey guys your forum is quite nice! So nice in fact that I'll take you up on the offer of a long winded introduction. My name is Luke, A.K.A. AtOmiC MayH=m, A.K.A. The EviL MuHa, A.K.A Lord Kabhab, & when I'm not making up fake alias', I enjoy brisk walks in the park, reading to the blind, & helping old ladies cross the road. Oh yeah, I also love music, & have been making sounds with software for enough time now to make the move & start playing with the big boyz... hence, I find myself here. Just bought a RS7000, now I NEED A VIRUS. Was thinking about going the whole slog & purchasing a Ti Keyboard, but am also considering the INDIGO 2 as a cheaper alternative. Anyone out there have any advice for me, other than not to post such a long thread next time?
Also, feel free to check out some of my tunes at
http://www.myspace.com/atomicmayhem (don't worry, they'l get better when I have a REAL SYNTH!)
Old 19.05.2007, 04:21 AM
This forum member lives here

Welcome to the forum!

I reckon an Indigo II would be just fine, as your first Virus experience. If you can afford the TI, and need the extra features, then go for it.

Either way, you'll love your Virus!

Cheers,

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 21.12.2007, 08:02 PM
New here
New here

Hey!

I just joined to ask pretty much the same question. I was thinking first of getting a virus ti desktop, then maybe the keyboard...

But now I'm trying to be a bit more realistic about my requirements and thinking a virus c would probably be good enough for me..

What I want to know is, with the virus c, can I set up programs to output on separate channels so I can run them through external fx? I do something like this with my a6--mono programs through the voice outputs, and poly programs through the aux/main outs. Its a big part of my workflow.
Old 21.12.2007, 11:18 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Gentlemen!

May your infektion be prosperous.

I'd say that any Virus C-series synth is a great value from the "bang for your buck" perspective. The Ti is a kick ass board but if you are on a budget, then the C-series might give you the "Virus sound" you seek while allowing you to eat more than Ramen noodles for the next 19 months. Good luck!

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 22.12.2007, 01:46 PM
New here
New here

What's a good price for a used c?
Old 23.12.2007, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Check eBAY in your region to determine what "on-line market value" is. Then try to find one locally for a similar price.

If you do decide to buy one on eBAY, be VERY careful. eBAY is crawling with scammers who try to prey on Tweakheadz.

I used to buy alot of stuff on eBAY but got scammed once for a few hundred dollars and am now very cautious. I got my money back, but it took forever.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 24.12.2007, 07:20 PM
New here
New here

Yeah, good thinking.

I want to buy locally so I don't have to pay shipping & duties, as well.