Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.03.2009, 10:39 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn303 View Post
Ive been running 3.0.1 for about an hour on my Snow in Live 8b.14 and its been smooth, no problems yet.
Mate. Call me crazy, but is that guy in your Avatar the same dude from the Sham Wow commercials?!
Old 25.03.2009, 12:59 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I installed this tonight, and it looks and sounds amazing. Only 1 main bug / problem that I've noticed on PC Cubase 4.52 (and a fellow producer I know on Mac / Logic 8 says he's seen it too)

Problem:

After some time of using VC, and performing certain actions (I can't determine exactly what yet), moving many knobs on VC with the mouse does NOT affect the sound (e.g. Punch Intensity, Dry/Wet of Phaser, Distortion type). On the other hand, moving the knob on the hardware, does affect the sound. Has anyone else seen this?

Solution:

Restart VC

Also I posted a question in another topic but I may as well ask here, how exactly can one switch the patch volume to be pre-effects like in v2? If this has been set to post-effects with no options, doesn't this mean that any patches involving patch volume modulation from v2 will sound different in v3? I certainly used to do patch volume modulation in v2 and am worried those sounds will sound different now.

Finally, I have some feedback regarding the interface of VC in v3:
- I really dislike the gradients on the envelopes, it looks completely out of place. A very soft gradient or even solid colour would look much better to be honest.
- (Also in v2), I notice that when you are in Wavetable mode for an oscillator, there's no easy way to browse through the wavetables without getting a popup list which you have to choose from, there is no way to just go to the previous and next wavetable. Any plans to make this easier to do with the mouse?
- I think the patch selection page would look a lot better with darker background and bright text, it looks messy / too hard on the eyes with a white background. This will also be a nice contrast to the generally bright look of the entire plugin.

Thanks!
Old 06.04.2009, 10:44 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

v3.0 installed ok for me but v3.0.1 stalls about two thirds of the way through...unless its supposed to take 30minutes+ without the status bar moving

update:- it seems to be ok after the installer is extracted to the hard disk, looks like it cant progress to the firmware update if its being run from winrar or winzip
Old 06.04.2009, 04:19 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00264167 View Post
update:- it seems to be ok after the installer is extracted to the hard disk, looks like it cant progress to the firmware update if its being run from winrar or winzip
running things directly from a zip is file is never a good idea, I think even Windows says not to do so....

r
Old 07.04.2009, 10:26 PM
Very mucho Newbie

i got to say this seems like a step backward to me (v3.0.109), three crashes in two days since the new install resulting in no sound at all from the ti in ableton and the virus has to be rebooted to communicate with ableton again. i might go back to v3.0

Last edited by 00264167 : 07.04.2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07.04.2009, 11:57 PM
Very mucho Newbie

balls...theyve taken all the older os3 versions off the access download page and ive deleted v3.0 a few weeks ago. i dont want to be having to use this buggy p.o.s (v3.0.109) that crashes ever hour.

anyone got the installer for v 3.0?