Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.08.2004, 01:36 PM
New here
New here

Default Problems with signal remaining on from "OUT 1 L&R&q

Greetings,
I posted this on the yahoogroups, but I'm still looking for an answer. I have a problem with my Virus Rack (the little red one) sending a signal from the L & R out of OUT 1. When I double check my mixer and both
signals (left and right) from the Virus are continuing to send as evidenced by the signal indicator and master peak indicator on my line mixer even before I play or after playing when the sound has decayed. When I turn Master Volume knob at the extreme right, the green signal lights on the mixer dim and then go out (as they should for silence). But I cannot detect any difference in my monitors or headphones. What could be causing this signal presence when I'm not playing? Any help?
Cheers,
Eric
Old 07.08.2004, 02:54 PM
This forum member lives here

So can you actually "hear" signal??? Or just "see" the signal on your mixing desk??

Is your virus output at -10dBu....or +4dBv???? And can you change this on your mixers line level inputs??? Is the gain on your mixer too high.....or output from your virus.

There could also be some interference getting into the audio cables from the virrus. Are they near a power cable or transformer? Have you tried using different cables??? Have you tried using a different input????

You really should check all these things so as to rule out the possibility of it being something other than the virus.

Hope this helps,

Jase
Old 10.08.2004, 12:49 AM
New here
New here

Hey Jase,
Thanks for the reply. I can't hear any signal, but both line signal indicators remain green after the sound has decayed.

How do I check my Virus output? My mixer is a Roland M240 line mixer. Looks line the "Peak Signal" indicator pan pot can go from +4 to - 20.

I thought about trying different cables, but still need to do this. I'll keep trouble shooting.

Thanks again.
Cheers,
Eric
Old 10.08.2004, 04:04 AM

Hmmm......if the line signal indicators remain green after the virus sound has decayed, this may be due to the fact that there is still some signal present, even though you may not be able to actually hear it, if it is extremely low frequency???

The +4/-10 thing has nothing to do with your gain, but more with the voltage that your inputs accept. Most professional gear runs at +4dBu, and in the old days, semi-professional gear ran at -10dBV (or -20dBV for instrument level). Nowadays, project studio gear is designed in some cases to accept both +4dBu AND -10dBV, so for instance, my Mackie mixer has a button that allows you to choose between +4 and-10 on the stereo line inputs.

Im not very familiar with your mixer, is it an old one? it may just need cleaning or something??? or may be noisy. Do you have any other synth to check if the same thing happens.......cos then we can find out for sure if this is a problem with the virus, or your mixer.

Keep trouble shooting, and narrowing down the suspect.

Good luck,

Jase
Old 11.08.2004, 12:11 PM
New here
New here

Thanks Jase. You could be right. The mixer hasn't had a good cleaning in quite some time.
Cheers,
Eric