Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.08.2017, 02:13 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Octatrack With Virus Ti Syncing Midi Channels

Hi all.
Just bought a virus to tie up with my Octatrack so would appreciate any help with my issue from people with the same set up. I am new to hardware midi.

Syncing was plug and play and setting up of the midi channels was pretty easy. So it was midi trk 1 to ch 1, 2 to ch 2 etc etc . Syncing just OT midi out to Virus in.

My issue is, the Virus's physical buttons and knobs is only playable for the OT's Midi Track 1. Meaning that I can only tweak parameters on the virus just for that channel. When I activate the OT's midi track 2, the virus' parameters and controls are still on track 1. I have tried different midi settings on the OT but to no avail. Tried both multi and seq mode on the virus. I am aware you can midi cc learn on the OT and you can control the virus from the OT itself as this video suggests :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwj4NYrz3AA

But I want to tweak the sounds from the virus too and also from the video, I need the above issue to be resolved so I can midi listen to the midi ccs from the virus outside of just track 1. I am sure it should be something easy but I can't get around it. Is there some settings I have missed on the virus and OT ? Do i need to midi out from the virus back into the OT too to receive changes ?

I have been fiddling for a few nights. Any help with fellow users will be greatly appreciated. Thank you !
Old 07.08.2017, 07:27 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Regardless of your setup, you have to select the active Part on the Virus to control that Part. Use the Part buttons (top buttons right to the display) to do that.