Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 02.11.2017, 04:51 AM
Banned
New here

Default Getting Permission to Field Record

I asked this question to Tim from Music of Sound, and he was very helpful. But I wanted to open it up to discussion here as well. In cases where permission is required to record at a location, I have a hard time getting people who have never heard of field recording to understand what I’m trying to do.
For instance I was trying to record a chanting session at a buddhist center and the only thing they would say to me was “we have CDs of chanting that you can buy if you want to hear it” 🙂 I’m plenty polite but people seem to be suspicious, or confused. People are used to cameras, but not microphones. Do you find yourself in these situations? Any tips on overcoming this obstacle?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

User banned. Reason: Advert Bot. Actively copies/pastes multiple legitimate posts from KVR, before later editing them to include product adverts to improve their product google ratings. Advert[s] removed.
~Timo

Last edited by Timo : 15.02.2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 19.11.2017, 10:54 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Do a Doc Brown and tell them it's a science experiment