Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 10.02.2014, 12:55 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default DJ Berni - Studio 2014

So one of my new year resolutions was to do more with my YouTube channel. Although I've had an account for a few years I've not done much with it except the odd few amateur offerings. Anyway I was inspired by the number of views my fantasy fest video has got (nearly 19,000 so far) & thought it would be a good way to promote more of my music if I could make the video's a bit more pro looking.
So I finally got my grubby mits on a copy of Final Cut Pro X which is a huge step up from the freebie Apple app iMovie that I had been using previously. After spending several weeks watching tutorials & generally experimenting with the app I decided it was time to make a short movie with it. Just some shots of my current studio set up & a few graphics & titles. So if you want to see what my studio looks like (& I know you do ; ) here's the short 2 min video...

http://youtu.be/0p_WxkTMDz4

You can also download the soundtrack I made for it from my SoundCloud. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheer's

Berni.
Old 10.02.2014, 01:45 PM
This forum member lives here

Nice work! It makes me want to learn something about video editing (I know absolutely nothing about it). If only enough hours in the day.

One question though -- doesn't monitors on top of components potentially cause problems from vibration over the long term? I know it might take 20 years for an issue to arise or an issue might never arise, but it seems hard on the soldering, etc.

I use a pair of On Stage stands like these: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPSMS6000

There are also foam pads that would dampen vibration but they're kind of pricey for what you get, I like the positioning options of the stands. With the triangle base they are very easy to position in tight spaces/corners if needed.
Old 10.02.2014, 08:33 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Nice work! It makes me want to learn something about video editing (I know absolutely nothing about it). If only enough hours in the day.

One question though -- doesn't monitors on top of components potentially cause problems from vibration over the long term? I know it might take 20 years for an issue to arise or an issue might never arise, but it seems hard on the soldering, etc.

I use a pair of On Stage stands like these: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPSMS6000

There are also foam pads that would dampen vibration but they're kind of pricey for what you get, I like the positioning options of the stands. With the triangle base they are very easy to position in tight spaces/corners if needed.
Thanks man, I actually made the FX racks that the speakers sit on myself many years ago & built them to last. On top of each one is a concrete paving slab with a mouse mat on top of that so there is no vibration from the speakers.
Old 10.02.2014, 08:40 PM

aha, that works !