Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 08.02.2005, 05:37 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

No im not kidding about the sounds of Synth1, I used it with fruity loops a long time ago and only dabbled with the presets and I wasn't too impressed but I'll download it and try it again and give an updated opinion
Old 08.02.2005, 06:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

harrystainer: Well I believe there is another synth that is named very similar to SYNTH1(Was is Synth One?) and this one really sounded midi..

But the one posted here is quite good! Give it a try
Old 09.02.2005, 01:39 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

More free VSTs and FX from Cornieleous of the Tweakheadz.com forum:

A good list!

Quote:
Cornieleous wrote:
I like this thread. Great way for people to get info on good free plugins. People can get adequate music tools without having to pay large sums of money, and feel good that they obtained them legitimately. Here is my contribution, on that note, of completely free VST plugins. All those that I list I have thoroughly tested for quality, stability (stablility may vary by host), and general usefulness. Most of these I use regularly.

FREE VST SYNTHS:

1> Agonyx (I paid 7$ US, it is donation-ware, practically free)
- Agonyx literally sounds equal to or better than many commercial VST on the market. If you like to make your own patches with an easy to use but deep interface, this is it. You can load .wav files into the oscillators!!! and there is a 36 destination modulation matrix!! What more could you want?! I like Agonyx and use it so much that I recently donated another $6.50 US to encourage future development. Dennis, the developer, is a very friendly fellow as well. To check it out. http://www.project-hurricane.de/start.html

2.> Synth1 - A workhorse for backing sounds and subtle sweeps in my projects.

3.> Rez - Found Rez on KVR a while back. Good at a variety of sounds. This is an effort by developer Ugo.

4.> Texture - Does what its name implies. Another VST by Ugo.

5.> SuperwaveP8 - Capable of some rich sounds for electronic music.

6.> String Theory - one of the better string emulator VST I have heard. Almost approximates several stringed instruments and always sits in the mix. Ugo's work again.

7.> Osiris - Makes good pads of a particular quality. The developer, Neko, is another friendly fellow and has a few other decent efforts.

8.> Drumatic 3 - E-phonic's Drumatic 2 was not very good but I find this to be excellent for a free drum softsynth. Can do most of what the commercial software drumsynths can if you work at it, and with excellent sonic quality along the way.

9.> Tapeworm - very basic Mellotron emulator. Not a serious tool as there are merely five voices in its 'ROM', but it does have 13MB of genuine Mellotron samples controllable with an ADSR envelope plus pitch control.

10.> sfz - soundfonts without a soundbuster card and without spending money. Cool.

FREE VST EFFECTS:

1.> Buzzroom offers excellent compressors and a maximizer. For free effects plugs these are outstanding. They give some commercial plugs a run for their money.

2.> ParisEQ - this 4 band parametric can warm up a mix like no other free VST I have tried. Worth the download.

3.> Deelay and P Deelay are two excellent delay plugs. P Deelay is a pattern delay. Tons of features on each.

4.> SIR Reverb - Simulated Impulse Response Reverb. Accepts wave files as a model source, and also has a complex reverb model engine.

5.> LOFI - excellent distortion plug by E-Phonic.

6.> TriDirt - another excellent distortion type plug. 3 separate frequency bands.

7.> Kjaerhus Audio Classic Series - an entire package of decent sounding plugs that are free. Reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, compressor, limiter, phaser, EQ.

Thats my list of free plugins which I have tried and thoroughly tested. Many I have in use in my home studio, although I generally favor my hardware synths and effects when possible. None of these on the list are poor quality ( because I dont use junk ) and all are still in existence in my VST folder and many of these get regular use in my projects. No ugly GUI's either in these VSTs for the most part, because I am vain and throw out synths and effects with ugly graphics.

I hope my list helps someone out there find some useful FREE tools that they can legitimately obtain to make music.

-Dave
I'll research the links and post them soon...

Ciao!
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 10.02.2005, 10:34 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

http://www.smartelectronix.com/

Be sure to try the supatrigga if you haven't already.
Old 10.02.2005, 01:36 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udenjoe
http://www.smartelectronix.com/

Be sure to try the supatrigga if you haven't already.
I can't seem to find the link to it.
Old 10.02.2005, 03:50 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Google is your friend

http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=6 <- Clickie!

SupaTrigga is your soulmate!

-diskonext
Old 10.02.2005, 04:16 PM

Old 10.02.2005, 05:58 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Haha,

classic!

**Saving as...**

-diskonext