Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Buy and sell

Buy and sell On this area you can post sell/buy ads or discuss pricing issues.

Old 23.11.2010, 07:35 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Big Black Friday Sale!

AudioLot is having our annual Black Friday sale and we've got both the TI2 Keyboard and the TI2 Polar on the list.

To see all the details and the entire gear list, Like us on Facebook by clicking here

AudioLot is an authorized Access Music dealer and we only have these kinds of specials once a year! Don't miss out.
High End Pro Audio Sales & Consulting
http://www.audiolot.com

AudioLot is an authorized Access dealer

Follow us on Facebook for weekly gear specials and the latest news
Old 23.11.2010, 11:54 PM
This forum member lives here

WTF? I have to have a facebook account to see sale items? Thanks but no thanks.

Looking it up through the main page, I see the Polar is the same price as the Sweetwater and everyone else sells them for. Tell me again why this would require facebook? Aside from the ritual privacy invasion of course.
Old 02.12.2010, 06:36 AM
Complete Newbie

Sorry you missed the sale. Both the TI2 Keyboard and TI2 Polar were heavily discounted. Most everyone has a Facebook account these days and we've found that it's a great way to keep up with our customers.

If you don't have a Facebook account due to a privacy issue you are hesitant about, you could've just pm'd me nicely and asked me to e-mail you the sale list. I would've been happy to do so. You also could've just called us and asked.

If you find that you would like to join up with Facebook and follow our page, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. We are going to be running weekly gear specials and I have a feeling the TI2 Keyboard and Polar will be on that list as time goes on.

As an FYI, you can disable a lot of the invasive issues that have come up with Facebook so there's no need to be hesitant.

Old 02.12.2010, 04:11 PM

More than once in recent history, Facebook or Facebook applications have betrayed their users' privacy, even if by accident.

I am simply not of the belief that a Facebook account should be a requirement just to hear what the price of a good is. Facebook is a ruse for targeted marketing, and I understand and appreciate that as a business owner that marketing is an important topic to you, but as a consumer I have the right to opt out of these things on principal.

I actually have a couple of dozen Facebook accounts with various anonymous info in them that I have to use for testing with applications that I develop. I just chose not to use any of these (perhaps you will be grateful that you have one less non-existent user on your mail list?).

I don't want to presume to tell you how to run your business, but I can tell you that the philosophy that everyone uses Facebook is flawed. I work with largely highly technical people, many of whom either have no Facebook account at all or have not logged in in over a year. Also, the Facebook trend is likely to be supplanted by the next social networking fad in the coming years, so the less dependent your business is on them for marketing info, the better position you are in for longevity.

Best of luck to you in what you decide.
Old 02.12.2010, 05:50 PM
Complete Newbie

We do not "run our business" with Facebook. We've been around for over ten years now, long before Facebook was even in existence. Our page on Facebook is for our weekly gear specials, holiday sales, etc. and is exclusively for our Facebook members and/or current customers (yes, we also send out an e-mail with the specials).

On top of that, as I mentioned in my last post to you, you can give us a call and ask, as well as send us an e-mail or pm and we'll be glad to let you know what's going on. That being said however, we never quote prices over pm or e-mail, unless they are the everyday prices. To get the special price you must give us a call.

Old 02.12.2010, 06:15 PM

(A) I did not say you ran your business using facebook, I said the philosophy you expressed that everyone uses it is flawed which implies current strategy is going to severely limit the audience of your sales (I'm trying to help you here)

(B) Your second paragraph has me thoroughly confused. Two messages ago you said you would have been happy to PM me the sale list if I had only PM'ed you. One message ago you said you never give sale prices over pm or e-mail unless they are every day prices and I must call.
Old 02.12.2010, 08:39 PM
Complete Newbie

What I said was I would've been glad to e-mail or pm you the list of gear that was part of the Black Friday sale. I did not say that I would've been able to e-mail or pm you prices. As an authorized dealer for the products we carry, we are bound by the manufacturers not to publicly advertise lower prices than they mandate. We adhere to manufacturer's policies and thus can only quote special pricing over the phone.

Old 02.12.2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
What I said was I would've been glad to e-mail or pm you the list of gear that was part of the Black Friday sale. I did not say that I would've been able to e-mail or pm you prices. As an authorized dealer for the products we carry, we are bound by the manufacturers not to publicly advertise lower prices than they mandate. We adhere to manufacturer's policies and thus can only quote special pricing over the phone.
Understood on dealer restrictions, but can you understand why a reasonable person might assume that a "sale list" implies a list of gear with the black friday prices? In other words, what good would the list of gear possibly do me without the prices?
In your original message, you implied we could see "all the details and the entire gear list" if we viewed through Facebook. I think what you're saying now is that those details did not include prices, thus most of this discussion is moot as there is no other way to get this info without calling.
As far as what is on the list I think you had already said the TI2 Keyboard and Polar.
Old 02.12.2010, 10:15 PM
Complete Newbie

I don't think we need to keep continuing the back and forth with this discussion, however I did want to tell you that I just tried going to our FB page without having a FB account and you can see everything we post without logging in.

Old 02.12.2010, 11:01 PM
Pro
Pro

lol

u guys are funny

I'm gonna go play with my Virus..