Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 19.11.2014, 01:45 AM
This forum member lives here

Default The unsolicited playlist

Occasionally I'm listening to tracks and find myself enjoying one so much I want to share it. And since there's no where else on the interwebs to share things I thought this place is as good as any.

I chose this track first (alluding to potential future thread posts) because Depeche Mode has been discussed here before, and use the Virus a lot in their work.

This is one of my favorites from them in the last decade or so. One of the hallmarks of "old" DM, when Alan Wilder was with them, was that insanely "clean" sound where everything sounded so open and well-separated. Even if their old school stuff sounds a little bit cheesy and maybe even technology-limited in many ways, the choice of sounds and the mixes themselves were like crystal, with every sound having a purpose.

Later on they gravitated toward what I think is a muddier, distorted sound. In their case it is intentional, and they do quite well with it, but I sometimes miss that separation of frequencies they became famous for with those old EMU samplers and chopped up analog bits.

Anyway, I love this track because of how well it epitomizes who they are as a band. It is of course not an Alan Wilder-era track, its is only about 9-years old. This is not the version that was released on Playing An Angel in 2005, it is a demo version that is far more simplistic and clean. I guess that's one reason I love it.

Hope you enjoy it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFuIR6PUEJE
Old 25.01.2015, 05:27 AM

I love these guys. They just don't make this stuff any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrISZAF7lo