Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 13.08.2009, 11:50 PM
New here
New here

Default Crashing Advice Please!

Hi all,

I have been a reader on this forum for a couple of years (since I got my Virus Classic) but I have only registered today...the day I received my TI2..

I bought a B-stock (customer returned) model from a reputable store. When it arrived, I fired it up nervously after what I had read about it. I went through a few patches, auditioning them...straight away I noticed a bug where an auditioned sound would hold its note forever, even when I switched to a new sound. Literally 2 minutes of doing this and BAM - high pitched screech from my monitors and a crashed Virus!

Obviously I was a bit worried about this - but one factory reset later and everything is working perfectly - and it has been in use all day. I have e-mailed the store to register the issue anyway in case it happens again.

What do y'all think?! Any advice would be great...

I'd love to reinstall the OS, but I'm on 64-bit. I'm not bothered about Virus Control just now, but if they don't have drivers within 4 months I'll not be a happy chappy! Not the best welcome to the world of TI ownership after a couple of years of FLAWLESS Classic use, but I'm happy none the less. Machines without quirks are boring..
Old 14.08.2009, 05:52 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Simon this was common in the Older OS we are currently at 3.0.5 and it seems to be a hundred times more stable so the screeching and scratching is fixed here. Please install a 32-bit OS lol.

http://access-music.de/downloads.php...keyboard#cat20
Old 14.08.2009, 12:20 PM
New here
New here

Thanks a lot for the reply! I am on release 3.0.3.00 at the moment - I will update the Virus on my laptop to 3.0.5 and see if that helps!

Thanks a lot.
Old 14.08.2009, 06:36 PM
Infektion taking hold...

anytime lol!
Old 16.08.2009, 07:49 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmade View Post
Simon this was common in the Older OS we are currently at 3.0.5 and it seems to be a hundred times more stable so the screeching and scratching is fixed here. Please install a 32-bit OS lol.

http://access-music.de/downloads.php...keyboard#cat20
Agreed. OS 3.0.5 is a huge step forward compared to older versions.
PC: Core2Quad Q6600, Win Vista SP1, 4GB RAM, M-Audio Ozonic, Ableton Live 8.0.4 ; synths: Yamaha Motif ES 7, Access Virus TI Desktop (OS 3.0.4 pb), ; softsynths: Sylenth1 v2.2, Alchemy v1.10.10, Waldorf Largo 1.1.0, NI Absynth 4, Minimonsta, some more...
Old 21.08.2009, 09:42 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nobl1v1on

I have found, and discussed with a virus representative, that the more operations you are attempting to achieve at once, the quicker a crash will occur. I am running 3.0.5 and have found that just taking a little time will prolong the TI2's stability. Yes it is REALLY is vexing cuz time is $, but soon, hopefully REALLY soon we can tweak knobs till are fingers are numb.