Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 10.02.2010, 08:24 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Thoughts on the Alesis Andromeda A6

Hey folks,

I'm looking at getting a Alesis Andromeda A6 to compliment my Virus. Anyone out there got one? If you do, share with us how it compliments your productions etc..! Would love to know if it is worth all that money
Old 11.02.2010, 03:51 PM
Am starting to like this forum

My mate has one, and he loves it! Meant to be a bugger to program, though, and really comes alive with good external effects processing.

Lucky bugger! (^_^)
Old 17.02.2010, 03:01 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Anyone else got one?
Old 18.02.2010, 09:15 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

i have no idea what they are like, but if they are great i might think about buying one
Old 06.03.2010, 11:35 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I had one. There was something about the inherent sound character that I didn't enjoy that much. Powerful machine but I think the classic analogues generally sound better. It was a little flaky too if I recall with the occasional crash. I never got into it. I think you trade a little of the sound for the vast features with an Andromeda.
Old 07.03.2010, 12:57 AM
Pro
Pro

Looked quite heavily into this and when first released thought it was worth the price tag of £2500 and out of my reach at that time. Couldve grabbed one a year aho for half that price new £1300, however, got a DSI prophet 08 instead, whilst it is different beast to the A6 the Pro*08 has a lovely smooth sound that I can't take myself away from.
The A6 is complex and as described a friend in a music store used the same term 'flaky' and I wasn;t overly impressed by the sound.
I like the warms and tweaks I can get from the Pro 08. The one i am really waiting for is the Wardolf Stromberg if it ever gets of a production line. Otherwise jsut bite the bullet and go for a Moog.
My personal vibe right now...of course it#s down to what you want, need and like.

Another option of course if you want n anologue soun is take you Virus and by a/some moog pedals filters or route it through a shermann filterbank.

Many more options than jsut a synth

hope this helps

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 07.03.2010, 12:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I to bought a Prophet 08 instead of the andromeda and I like the prophet but I will definantly have to change the encoders out to pots.
Old 07.03.2010, 11:20 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

..............oops
Old 07.03.2010, 11:20 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborulz View Post
Hey folks,

I'm looking at getting a Alesis Andromeda A6 to compliment my Virus. Anyone out there got one? If you do, share with us how it compliments your productions etc..! Would love to know if it is worth all that money
Personally speaking, the Virus TI is the only analog (or -more properly- analog modeling) synth I felt it was justified for me to spend over a grand on. Mind you, I don't do dance/trance/hip-hop etc., but I think I can get the whole array of "analog" sounds with the TI and my cheapy trio (Korg R3, Waldorf MicroQ, Alesis Micron.) I'd rather spend big bucks on digital hardware synths (I have quite a collection gathered in my 30 years of studio work...) and software (I could probably buy at least five Andromedas only with what I've given to Natural Instruments, Vienna Symphony Library and EastWest... )

Your mileage may vary, of course.
Old 07.03.2010, 11:40 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPi View Post
Personally speaking, the Virus TI is the only analog (or -more properly- analog modeling) synth I felt it was justified for me to spend over a grand on .
Dont get me wrong The Virus is my favorate synth digital or analog but there is certain points where true analog does shine. I didnt believe it so much my self but I tried the same recipe's with all my synths as an experiment and though the sound was similer and might not be noticable in a mix it is audible by itself especially stripped down no fx basses. But believe me there is way more sounds you can get out of the virus that you will never get out of an analog. And again if you can only have one synth make it the virus but the next one should be an analog if your going for that sound.