Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 30.12.2009, 11:38 AM
New here
New here

Question Where Do you get your Music?

Where do you guys get your music from. Please be honest --- even if you obtain your songs through *less-than-desirable* methods (I've even created an anonymous poll for the uber-"shy").

To be honest, I used to get all my music illegally ---- I seriously know of the BEST illegal music sites...

BUT, I've changed my ways. I now use iTunes. I buy the music from iTunes, burn it to a CD, and then rip the CD back into iTunes (I can get rid of the protected-AAC file that way).

So, where do usually get your music?
Old 30.12.2009, 12:42 PM
Pro
Pro

A small CD store near where I used to work, one of the staff produces ads and is a mad synth buff, so its fun to have a chat and he normally points out some cool new records. Even with discounts you pay a little more then JB Hifi etc, but it certainly is a more rewarding experience to the faceless drone service of most chain stores.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 08.01.2010, 05:02 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I'm lucky enough to get new material free from the promo companies. It is a pain though reacting to them all positively. Stuff i'm not sent I buy from Juno on line for download.

I've got a massive CD album collection thanks to cash generator & cash convertors. Pay them a visit every few months and just buy every album I might be intrested in, Usualy only costs £1.50 each because I buy so many. They get 1 listen then stashed away with the rest.
Old 01.07.2010, 07:38 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

I used to get my vinyl/CD's from Chaos Unlimited in Brighton until they shut down 5 or 6 years ago......I think alot of it was to do with people just downloading everything for free.

I get all my CD's from Psy-shop in Germany and occasionally download stuff from Juno, but I prefer to have the CD with the proper case especially for DJing with.
Old 01.07.2010, 01:16 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

In terms of day-to-day listening, I have SiriusXM (both built into my car and also a portable XMP3i). For buying music I've been getting most of my stuff from the old infamouse Russian music service for a fraction of what it costs on iTunes and such, although I don't think they accept new members (Ive been a member since 2005), it's called something else than it used to be these days and they have all sorts of underground channels for letting you give them payment which has become a bit inconvenient.

I'd love to know about alternatives, I'm just not going to pay more than 10 or 20 cents per song one way or another, and it's imperative that where ever I do download from, they are already ID3 tagged and organized properly into folders (my car has a disc changer that reads mp3 so I can fit lots of songs on one CD, but to navigate hundreds of songs per CD properly they should be organized right).
Old 01.07.2010, 01:56 PM
New here
New here

I download all of my music from either iTunes or MUCH preferably TrackItDown(dot net). CD's I look for in stores or order from the label themselves
Old 01.07.2010, 01:56 PM
New here
New here

I download all of my music from either iTunes or MUCH preferably TrackItDown(dot net). CD's I look for in stores or order from the label themselves.
Old 01.07.2010, 05:05 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm old school, I still love buying CD's. Then, of course, I rip them, convert to mp3 and transfer to my portable devices. Can't stand iTunes, but then again I can't stand pretty much anything from Apple.
Old 01.07.2010, 10:54 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Music is dead !!! I remember when I was going into shop and was listening to vinyls for an afternoon... this time as gone... We are all infected by music buisness, this is actual music
Old 01.07.2010, 11:11 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
Music is dead !!! I remember when I was going into shop and was listening to vinyls for an afternoon... this time as gone... We are all infected by music buisness, this is actual music
Naaah, there are still people making good music. Of course you'd have to look outside of the usual commercial outlets...