Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.12.2005, 08:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by index
And im sure its a case of the TI.

I would love still having a Virus B ready just now, and i would do a similar
test and it would prove to be rock steady - and handle midi not so the
engine get hiccups the more midi you feed it. But rather stop passing the midi information instead of making shuffled notes.
??

I don't think this has anything to do with the Virus B or TI - it's simply down to the sequencer. How is the Virus supposed to decide to start ingnoring some midi data, just in case there's a note coming sometime in the future?

FYI even the second .mid you posted reliably crashes my midi interface!

Does this tell you anything?

If you really want all these parameters to modulate simultaneously, try using an internal parameter, like an LFO to do it instead.
Old 06.12.2005, 08:49 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
If you really want all these parameters to modulate simultaneously, try using an internal parameter, like an LFO to do it instead

and if one is using cubase, there is the 'Reduce controller data' function in the midi menu. applying that on busy parts might help in some cases.

Best,
midi.
Old 06.12.2005, 09:40 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Also, it should be mentioned that it is always preferrable to use polypressure for those parameters, rather than sysex (see manual).
Old 06.12.2005, 11:21 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Is it so that Poly Pressure was the default setting on the Virus B but Sysex is on the TI?
That would maybe explain for starters why i could do 10+ part projects wich included tons of mad automation - not the least with phaser and distortion (wich the TI spits out as sysex as default)

Anyway, i will try switching to poly pressure and see if i get any difference.
Old 06.12.2005, 11:49 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Ok - this time i stripped ALL automation - ALL sysex.... (As well as changed the internal Page B from Sysex to Poly Pressure)

And here is the new results:
(Recorded in a different tone so you dont think i have reused old recorded material)

http://web.telia.com/~u23704554/misc...tablemidi3.mp3

What happens here in terms of mididata is monophonic note data being sent on 9 parts.

I would be VERY interested if you get the same results as i:

http://web.telia.com/~u23704554/misc...tablemidi3.mid

http://web.telia.com/~u23704554/misc...tablemidi3.all

If the .mid file gives you trouble again i have included the VST . All
file should at least be compatible with the SX series.

Id be very interested what the response to this will be.
And those of you with a TI, please try the project so we can
decide if its only me or if this is a reproducable problem for
everybody indicating a serious problem somewhere.

"Does this tell you anything?"

That you have a serious wimpy midi interface?
Old 06.12.2005, 07:13 PM

Quote:
"Ok - this time i stripped ALL automation - ALL sysex...."

"What happens here in terms of mididata is monophonic note data being sent on 9 parts."

"I would be VERY interested if you get the same results as i:"

"And those of you with a TI, please try the project so we can
decide if its only me or if this is a reproducable problem for
everybody indicating a serious problem somewhere."
Loaded it up into Logic 5.5.1 and it's rock solid to my ears. I'm using an MT4 midi interface. I tried altering the sounds for those with fast, sharp attacks, just to confirm, and it's definitely all tight.

This is an interesting sequence though; loads of identical tracks transmitting identical note data at identical times on different channels. This technique is vulnerable to midi logjamming, which is only serial data after all. Why don't you just send one track of note data, and get the different parts on the TI to respond to the same midi channel? Might be a solution?

Anyway, like I said, no problems on my system - tight as.

Mr O
Old 06.12.2005, 07:25 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Did you use the midi ports or midi via USB?

The reason i arranged the parts as i did was simply as a test, that is not how i normally work...
But whenever i start using the Virus TI multimbral its just a matter of time until some elements start with this behaviour.

It would be great if some more Cubase user could deny/confirm this also.

And Mister Orange, wich project did you test? The third version? Please try the first one also - because if you get that project (with more automation going on) to sound rock solid also, then it would be very interesting to find out why at least Ben had the same troubles with it as i did.

Could it be a matter of Cubase sequensers?
Old 06.12.2005, 07:30 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
It would be great if some more Cubase user could deny/confirm this also.
There's a huge difference in the version of Cubase you're using and Cubase SX3.x.x
Old 06.12.2005, 08:44 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hi.. I didn't test your MIDI file, but I can tell you this:

* The TI slows down when I use automation. Not only automation, I have also tried to use #CC and the TI still slows down. (no, it don't run "better" when switching from USB to MIDI... besides, I got the TI because it is advertised to be used as a plugin...hence TI!!)
* The TI crackles.
* TI can't sync/time properly.
* I've run a few patches that EATS the TI's CPU, and had max poly about 7-8 voices!?? WTF?... what can I say?(i havent really tried out his issue, so I might be wrong on this one)

I wonder when these issues will be fixed because i've had mine for a while now, but i'm about to return it if these issues with timing and all other shit it is suppose to handle isn't fixed!
It was fucking expensive, and it sounds great... Access is updating quite regular (thank God), but I'm running out of patience.
I will give this baby maybe a month more, but thats it.. Then I'll just return it, have my money back and buy some other hardware that actually works the way its suppose to.

- There actually aren't no excuse when you sell expensive hardware, and the thing isn't working as advertised. I know there are atleast one fella from Access watching this forum, and you really should keep us more updated.
I'm not putting Access down, i'm just telling a bit of what i feel after alot of failure with my expensive TI.

....waiting for v1.08

- TRN
Old 06.12.2005, 08:54 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Would you be able to return it after a month? I would like to do that to, but i think its to late.
The store i bought it from says you have the right for exchange within 14 days, and i have had mine for a month or more.
However, this is not the case of a exchange because i didnt like the Virus, but that it does not work like it should for me.

I would be more than happy to return this, i was dumb to wait because if i resell it on the second hand market i would loose alot of money.

I cant see how people can put up with paying thousand of dollars for doing bughunting for months. I did the mistake in trusting that i payed for a complete product.