Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.04.2005, 12:59 AM
This forum member lives here

classic timo - youve asked the wavetable question so many times that you just added it to your signature...

cheers

blay
Old 11.04.2005, 01:04 AM

I should think user imported wavetables will be a feature of a future OS update. Put that USB to some use wouldnt it.....

Exactly how does it work? Where would you get wavetables from? Sample CD's? Program your own? Id like to wack in some PPG and Prophet VS tables.....

I wonder if that would be possible?

Id also like to clarify one thing. The new HyperSaw waveform has less aliasing than the standard virus saw?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 11.04.2005, 02:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

They never answered that question, so I'd guess the answer is no

Would be really cool tho.
Old 11.04.2005, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Exactly how does it work? Where would you get wavetables from? Sample CD's? Program your own? Id like to wack in some PPG and Prophet VS tables.....

I wonder if that would be possible?
I was thinking more like a "Z3ta+" style editor within software (ie. on your PC, but within your TI-editing/controlling software), where it could show a single-cycle editor via a graphic ocilloscope, which you can morph and mangle how you like, and then send to the Virus to use as a user wavetable. This would make sure it was optimised and that there are no compatibility problems because it would be generated within the Virus' own file-format and host before it gets transmitted to the Virus.

Check out this pic: http://www.rgcaudio.com/images/z3ta%2Bsshot100.gif

The Z3ta+ oscillator/waveform editor is the box on the left in that pic.

However, people can also sample their own 'single-cycle' waveforms externally (in PCM format, with certain criteria regards tuning, sample-lengths etc.), and then later import them into Z3ta+. I think some guy has even sampled all of the 62 Virus waveshapes into Z3ta to attempt to get some similar sounds to the Virus.

Would be awesome if that were possible on the TI. I'd buy it in a shot.