Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.05.2005, 05:02 AM
Pro
Pro

Well, I think its clear and obvious that HC's distributor is by far the most reliable.

Any other info from any other distributors and even Access themselves shall be disregarded as HC is now handling all PR relating to the TI

(Or is that the TI.007?)

Old 09.05.2005, 12:47 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo

Any idea which version user-importable/customisable wavetables will see the light of day?

Sorry, just kidding, back under my rock...
You still haven't got an answer for this yet Timo!?

Well.....

My distributor said....

"It is possible to have user wavetables with the TI, but you'll have to do it with another synth and then run that sound into the TI's external inputs."
Lol.

Well, to tell the truth BenC said it isn't a feature of the current TI. I'm hoping it would be a later addition to the OS. I'm a big fan of the Z3ta+ VST-I and have gotten too used to being able to design your own oscillators, so I probably won't sell my Indigo and buy the TI until it can manipulate the wavetables in a similar fashion. That would be the absolute ultimate cherry on the cake for me, as it would be a no-brainer - it would literally crush all the other synths out there!!!

(Tell a lie, I have a pending laptop purchase imminently and wont therefore have the funds for a TI for a good while, so am getting down on my knees and praying by then it might import or customise wavetables remotely via the software a la Z3ta+ ! )
Old 16.05.2005, 06:49 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Send a message via AIM to Nigel Harkness Send a message via MSN to Nigel Harkness Send a message via Yahoo to Nigel Harkness

Ok Access i'm going to Hawaii for two weeks, I sure hope in that time there is more progress on a release date...PLEASE!
Old 17.05.2005, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo

Any idea which version user-importable/customisable wavetables will see the light of day?

Sorry, just kidding, back under my rock...
You still haven't got an answer for this yet Timo!?
Hi Steve. Further to this, I got a reply from Marc Schlaile, Access Support. Hope he doesn't mind me posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access Support
Thank you for your mail. You surely will understand that we cannot share the exact implementation of the TI's wavetable oscillators. One could say though that it is a mixture in between single-cycle PCMs and a more mathmatical approach.

As for importing your own waveforms, this will certainly not happen in 1.0 - i cannot promise you anything but of course we consider an import function since it has been request several time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T?mo
> Hi, I\'d like to know, if possible, how the wavetables are implemented in the Virus. Like,
> are they multi-sampled, single-cycle PCM waves? Or vectors, taken from a high-definiton
> \"fingerprint\" waveform which are programmed to be re-created at whatever pitch/note
> is pressed?
>
> And, of course, will we be able to import/customise our own wavetables?! That
> would be so powerful if it could. It\'d be awesome to have a graphical
> wavetable editor on the computer screen (such as the Z3ta+ VST-i) that you can
> manipulate and send to the Virus via the TI integration.
>
> Or maybe for a future operating system upgrade?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim Edwards
I guess the initial search is, therefore, off.
Old 19.05.2005, 12:47 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

So how long is this beta testing suppose to take and whats the hang up. Theres always gonna be bugs and if they are trying to fix all of them this thing will never be released. I recieved one of the first shippments of the virus c with its first OS and there were many a bug but fixed in OS updates. Really people we dont mind updating! we would like to have a beta update on the hold ups. It must be nice to be a beta tester. all smug and cozy with thier TI's mocking us knowing its thier decision on release 8O . STOP milking it guys and on a curious note. If any of these testers are producers (which im sure some are) are allowed to release any new tracks using the TI or is there a clause or something that permits them not to use it commercially.
Old 19.05.2005, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3
So how long is this beta testing suppose to take and whats the hang up. Theres always gonna be bugs and if they are trying to fix all of them this thing will never be released. I recieved one of the first shippments of the virus c with its first OS and there were many a bug but fixed in OS updates. Really people we dont mind updating! we would like to have a beta update on the hold ups. It must be nice to be a beta tester. all smug and cozy with thier TI's mocking us knowing its thier decision on release 8O . STOP milking it guys and on a curious note. If any of these testers are producers (which im sure some are) are allowed to release any new tracks using the TI or is there a clause or something that permits them not to use it commercially.
Interesting point i3. If one was a producer and had a beta Ti.....it might be possible for them to make a commercial tune using the 'new' features and get one ahead of the pack (initially atleast). Fuckers..... lol

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 19.05.2005, 05:45 PM

quote from a member on www.virusti.com:

Quote:
I've just spoken to Turnkey (the UK distributor). Apparently they have just been given their first, definite, absolutely won't change, 100% committed, utterly guaranteed, without fail, nothing can go wrong believe me, delivery date. Apparently they're all now made and getting boxed, carriers are booked, the full works. And, apparently, they will be arriving on these shores in "the second week of June".
good for a laugh, anyways.
(sorry ten )
Old 19.05.2005, 08:38 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

ok thats it! im going to radio shack and building my own. Ill make a parts list for you guys.....
Old 21.05.2005, 12:32 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default update

Just to let you guys know and before you hear it from somewhere else. This came straight from access:

"Products are expected to ship in December 2004."

man I cant wait. I just wanted you guys to be the first to know.
Old 21.05.2005, 08:24 AM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via MSN to techno_7

Wow so they shipped half a year ago

They just didnt want you to know
Korg Karma
Behringer DDX3216 mixer
4 Mach M-Flex Monitors
Reason 2.5
Cubase SX3
Korg Legacy Collection