Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.05.2005, 04:36 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

thanks ben for such a quick reply.

just one silly question coming from a synth technical newbie.

the wavetable waveforms, are they hardware or software.

also i thought for a while that wavetabel were sampled waves like found in romplers,
but i dont think that now.
so how are the wavetable waveforms made. was it just programmers coming up with nice patterns or was it trying to recreate specific sounds.

would the wavetable waveforms be ROM LIKE ON romplers.
Old 01.05.2005, 04:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomonster
the wavetable waveforms, are they hardware or software.

so how are the wavetable waveforms made. was it just programmers coming up with nice patterns or was it trying to recreate specific sounds.
The wavetable waveforms are stored in ROM. However, judging by the what you can do with them, their implementation must be more complex than that of the standard rompler.

Each table is a collection of waves which sound interesting when they are swept. Some sound really good with LFO (cyclic) modulation, whilst others are better suited to modulation via an envelope (many sound just as good either way of course). They also represent a very large library of static waves, should you wish to use them like this.
Old 01.05.2005, 05:30 PM
This forum member lives here

OK Ben...so does this mean the existing 64 digital waves (as in previous virus') are imported into the new wavetable algorithm? Meaning, on previous virus' the 64 waves were kinda static....but now on the TI you can interpolate between them....?

Or does the TI still retain the 64 waves....but has a genuinely new wavetable section. If this is so....then this makes for an insane amount of oscilator waveforms lol

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 01.05.2005, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
OK Ben...so does this mean the existing 64 digital waves (as in previous virus') are imported into the new wavetable algorithm? Meaning, on previous virus' the 64 waves were kinda static....but now on the TI you can interpolate between them....?
No

Quote:
Or does the TI still retain the 64 waves....but has a genuinely new wavetable section. If this is so....then this makes for an insane amount of oscilator waveforms
Yes.
Old 01.05.2005, 05:34 PM

LOL holy shit Ben.....so many waveforms....

This is very appealing to me....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 01.05.2005, 05:48 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
LOL holy shit Ben.....so many waveforms....

This is very appealing to me....

DS
Also, consider the fact that every point in between the waves is effectively a different wave as well..
Old 01.05.2005, 05:59 PM

Just been listening to the TI audio demo again. Am I to assume that all those sounds are going to be included as factory presets? There are some really f*$&ing nice wavetable sounds there. Alot of potential.....

DS

Old 01.05.2005, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Cheers Ben

Will the, er, wavetables be user-importable, or editable graphically via the software? Or maybe for a future software operating system upgrade?
Old 01.05.2005, 10:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
Will the, er, wavetables be user-importable, or editable graphically via the software? Or maybe for a future software operating system upgrade?
I don't know, but certainly not for version 1.0.

But hey - there'll be loads of tables to get started with, and Hypersaws to mess about with, so first things first, eh?
Old 01.05.2005, 11:43 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Hi ben,

a small question about the new programmable arp: with the TI, will we still have the possibility of sending the virus arpegiator sequences via midi out (plugin or physical) for controlling other synths, VSTi`s?

thanks,
midi.