Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 30.04.2005, 03:31 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

With all this extra time being spent on finalising the Ti.....im hoping it will come shipped with optimized wavetables and factory presets....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 30.04.2005, 04:33 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I swear I have seen that furry little animal before (DS's avatar). For some reason I think it is from the old "Fraggle Rock" show.
Old 30.04.2005, 06:38 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Fumer Send a message via Yahoo to Fumer

Actually I think that's bizkit from The Dark Crystal (Jim Henson)
Old 30.04.2005, 07:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Guys - you know I can't be making any actual estimates, but I would certainly be surprised if it took quite as long as the above predictions!

Anyway, I can at least say that, yes, the TI will ship with a pretty decent selection of exclusive presets. Not only that but the ROM banks have been extended and the patches updated to make use of all 3 soft knobs.
Old 30.04.2005, 11:30 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

sorry for hijacking the thread for this rather self indulgent question..

... I've never owned a virus keyboard before, but I have the KTI on order, and I'm wondering if someone who has (ben crosland particularly because he's used the keyboard) can tell me if there's room to fit a computer keyboard on that bare panel (and a mouse mat?).

Trying to plan my studio, and that would be an especially satisfying arrangement if it is possible...

cheers.
Old 30.04.2005, 11:36 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym
I have the KTI on order, and I'm wondering if there's room to fit a computer keyboard on that bare panel (and a mouse mat?).
There's certainly room for the keyboard, as I have done precisely that at the trade-shows. Not sure if there would still be room for a mouse mat - possibly a small one.
Old 30.04.2005, 11:42 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

ace, thanks
Old 01.05.2005, 09:09 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

I would use a X-keys unit and a mouse. a killer combo!

Best,
midi.
Old 01.05.2005, 03:22 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

i guess i would like to ask
ben crosland
a direct question.

as you have played the TI (maybe at NAMM) how would you compare the TI and the VIRUS C.

i am also finding it hard to wait for the TI, AND sometimes think i should just purchase the C.

do you think i should wait.

Also does the TI sound different slightly when going straight to computer via USB, in comparison to having to go through D/A conversion and then A/D conversion via soundcard, which could slightly alter the sound.

Does it sound more like a softsyth when going through USB.

The demo on the ACCESS SITE-- was that via USB or analog outputs.

is the TI much better than the VIRUS C- oops sorry about such a direct question- but hey!!!!!!
Old 01.05.2005, 03:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomonster
i guess i would like to ask
ben crosland
a direct question.

as you have played the TI (maybe at NAMM) how would you compare the TI and the VIRUS C.

i am also finding it hard to wait for the TI, AND sometimes think i should just purchase the C.

do you think i should wait.

Also does the TI sound different slightly when going straight to computer via USB, in comparison to having to go through D/A conversion and then A/D conversion via soundcard, which could slightly alter the sound.

Does it sound more like a softsyth when going through USB.

The demo on the ACCESS SITE-- was that via USB or analog outputs.

is the TI much better than the VIRUS C- oops sorry about such a direct question- but hey!!!!!!
The more I get into wavetable synthesis on the TI, the more I realise the difference in capability compared to the C. The HyperSaw probably makes more of an immediate impact, but wavetables are where it's at for me at the moment. For what it's worth, one of the beta-testers (who shall remain anonymous) told me the other day that he thinks the TI's implementation of wavetable synthesis is better than that of Waldorf's! I can't comment on this, having never owned or played a Waldorf synth, but the person in question doesn't tend to say such things lightly..

As for the difference between analog or USB outputs, I couldn't tell you. I always monitor the sound via the analog outs or headphone socket, regardless of whether I have the Control (plug-in) running or not.

To be honest, I'm not so finnicky about differences as subtle as that, anyway Suffice to say, either way will sound like a Virus

I do not know how Marc recorded the demos.

Anyway, as to which you should buy - if you can afford the TI, wait for that, definitely.