Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.04.2005, 04:07 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
will the original ti owners be able to upgrade (ie buy some sort of optional card) so that we can now utilize the bandwidth of the usb2 spec?
doubt it.

how else will they be able to drum up sales for the TI2?

cheers

blay
Old 23.04.2005, 05:27 PM

Yes, sadly I think as the TI OS grows....the limitation of USB1 will become all the more apparent. Afterall the TI is an exceptionally powerful synth beast......

Having said that, the Total Integration aspect wont be used by me. Im happy to use analog outputs the good 'ol fashioned way. The insane polyphony, hypersaw, wavetables and delay+reverb are what I'll be using most. An additional filter type would also be very nice. How about a TB303, Jupiter, Prophet and Oberheim filter. Now that really would cover some sonic ground

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 23.04.2005, 05:30 PM

Well put it this way. If it became apparent that USB1 was not fast enough for future features....then one would legitimately have to ask why it was implemented in the first place. Especially considering that USB2 nowadays isnt exactly going to break the bank...

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 23.04.2005, 05:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Yes, sadly I think as the TI OS grows....the limitation of USB1 will become all the more apparent.
DS
I don't see how this would have any impact on the effectiveness of USB? The end result will still be MIDI+Audio, no matter what features may be added..
Old 23.04.2005, 08:44 PM

Ben, am I right or wrong in thinking the TI can stream 16 channels of audio over USB? Ive heard people talking about it doing 3 stereo pairs or 6 mono..... So whats this...either 3 or 6 part multitimbral over USB? Why not the full 16?

The truth is...the USB thingy wont be of much use to me initially as i tend to use analog outs.

I know there was some discussion on this sometime ago....but im a techno newbie and all these facts and figures dont mean a whole lot to me

DS

Old 23.04.2005, 09:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

It was two stereo to begin with but then marc bumped this up to three depending on samplerate/bitrate I think. Even though it would of been nice to have all 16 over usb2 or firewire. Three is a bit wanky considering you have a 16 multimb synth.

ten
Old 24.04.2005, 01:12 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

I dont want to dissapoint anyone (anymore than they already are)...and I know you guys dont put much faith in Distributors, but I recieved this info in an email from the 'president' of Bananas.com:
Quote:
"By the way, we have been told June at the earliest for the Virus - - apparently their first operating system did not meet expectations, and they are in a re-write. the hardware, it seems, is ready to rock."

I ordered and paid for my T.I in December

Royalston
Old 24.04.2005, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
It was two stereo to begin with but then marc bumped this up to three depending on samplerate/bitrate I think. Even though it would of been nice to have all 16 over usb2 or firewire. Three is a bit wanky considering you have a 16 multimb synth.

ten
You know......Access is no synth light weight in the industry....im very suprised that they were unable to get a good deal on USB 2 (at the very least)....considering they sell synths in relatively large numbers.

This does add a little bit to my concerns... Undoubtedly the TI-2 will have an upgraded spec. I really do hope that the USB1 is not some kinda built in design limitation just so they can market the TI-2 as being more powerful. Because.....as much as I like Access and their synths....I would just find it so unacceptable that I'd probably never buy again. Put it this way....its only a matter of time before the model is superceeded.....and this seems to be part of the company's vision. Im already beginning to think about waiting for the enevitable TI-2 purely because I can already see a few niggling things which will later addressed.

Does anyone share this concern? Dont get me wrong, I still believe the TI is the dogs bollox......but the longer one waits...the more one can pick it to pieces.

DS

Old 24.04.2005, 10:49 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default OS rewrite

If true, that would explain quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalston
I dont want to dissapoint anyone (anymore than they already are)...and I know you guys dont put much faith in Distributors, but I recieved this info in an email from the 'president' of Bananas.com:
Quote:
"By the way, we have been told June at the earliest for the Virus - - apparently their first operating system did not meet expectations, and they are in a re-write. the hardware, it seems, is ready to rock."

I ordered and paid for my T.I in December

Royalston
Old 24.04.2005, 11:01 AM

I dont know about you guys....but with the KC I always felt it was not quite the synth i wanted it to be. Namely....needed a bit more poly and wanted delay *and* reverb......

ok so I sold it for much needed money at uni.....

Now im waiting for the TI to materialize (and im sure it will in time). The TI does represent a workstation synth....theres no doubt about that. However, despite all the great new features of the TI.....it yet again 'just falls short' of what I'd consider to be the perfect synth. Wouldnt it be nice if Access could just get it right with the TI and not bring out some kinda MKii version in 2-3 years time...

You guessed it guys.....DS is pissed off.....im just having my rant. Ive got a nice cup of shut the fuck up brewing......so I'll leave it like that.

*Still think the TI is da dogs bollox though. And the USB1 thingy doesnt bother me at all as I dont have any plans to use it. Im just worried Access will bring out the MKii version with the upgraded spec once the current line of TI's are sold. Hence.....I dont particulalrly want to be the first group of people to get the TI.

DS