Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.12.2003, 06:53 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Few questions on Virus and Midi with my DAW

I run Cubase SX2, I usually use softsynths. I am planning on getting the Virus C desktop. Ok here we go:

In cubase SX it has the midi sysex patches for Virus B, will these work with the Virus C?
Does anyone have a midi sysex file for Cubase. So I can choose patches directly from Cubase?
How easy is it and how do I sync my Virus to the Cubase tempo such as arpeggiation, LFO's and delay etc?

Lastly and idiodically I must ask.... how do I wire it? Cables stereo out of my Virus into Mixer? Midi from Virus to my XP-50 (controller).
thanks
Old 17.12.2003, 08:02 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Few questions on Virus and Midi with my DAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano
In cubase SX it has the midi sysex patches for Virus B, will these work with the Virus C?
Yes.

Quote:
Does anyone have a midi sysex file for Cubase. So I can choose patches directly from Cubase?
Patches are usually in sepperate MIDI files and you can store 1024 patches in the Virus' own internal memory.

Quote:
How easy is it and how do I sync my Virus to the Cubase tempo such as arpeggiation, LFO's and delay etc?
Just set Cubase send MIDI clock and off you go.

Quote:
Lastly and idiodically I must ask.... how do I wire it? Cables stereo out of my Virus into Mixer? Midi from Virus to my XP-50 (controller).
thanks
Yes.
Old 18.12.2003, 06:20 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Default thx

Hello - Thanks for the reply. Ok let me finish off with my last quesitons since you answered the beginning ones.

Using Cubase midi with Virus...

If I use foir instance 3 midi tracks with a different Virus patch will the Cubase play these back automatically?

If I don't use the midi sysex script for the Virus in Cubase (because I would be changing sounds often) how will Cubase remember what sounds to play?

I heard virus can only playback in Multimode if more then sound of the virus is being used on different tracks? How is this done?
Old 18.12.2003, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Default Re: thx

Quote:
If I use foir instance 3 midi tracks with a different Virus patch will the Cubase play these back automatically?
Well of course. That's what sequencer does!

Quote:
If I don't use the midi sysex script for the Virus in Cubase (because I would be changing sounds often) how will Cubase remember what sounds to play?
You have 16 tracks on Virus so at first you can have sixteen different patches at once, which means that you can do some of the sounds changes simply by playing different track. But if you need more than 16 you can use program and bank change MIDI functions. The best way is to manually dial patches in your Virus and then save the multi patch (the information of the 16 tracks you dialed) as a MIDI sump in the beginning of the song.

Quote:
I heard virus can only playback in Multimode if more then sound of the virus is being used on different tracks? How is this done?
As I explained before Virus has 16 tracks and every track is like a one single mode patch. For example if you choose a lead on the first channel, a pad on the second and a bass on the third then the sequencer plays lead on first channel, pad on second, etc.
Old 18.12.2003, 03:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

You can also do a program change for each channel. Each of the 16 channels can take program change information and change the sounds for each multi channel. I don't know how you do this in Cubase.
Old 18.12.2003, 06:24 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Hi Juho you hit on the head...
Quote:
The best way is to manually dial patches in your Virus and then save the multi patch (the information of the 16 tracks you dialed) as a MIDI dump in the beginning of the song.

Can you explain how to do this? thanks for help
Old 18.12.2003, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Can you explain how to do this? thanks for help
For example you choose "MyBass" patch for the first channel and "MyLead" patch for second channel. That's it. You just select the patches and nothing else.
Old 18.12.2003, 06:53 PM
Very mucho Newbie

right but you choose them from within the virus right now Cubase/sequencer?
Old 18.12.2003, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
right but you choose them from within the virus right now Cubase/sequencer?
Within the Virus of course! I wouldn't even consider buying a device which could only change programs by a sequencer.