Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.07.2009, 10:45 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by telson View Post
that's right. exactly
Sonis after bla bla bla do something useful
also nobody knows your software and hardware setup
and if they function rightly
Try reading the rest of the thread before you post then. I've said numerous times that I've already contacted support and that it obviously has nothing to do with my software and hardware setup since the virus does the exact same thing when the only cord plugged in is the power cord. I don't see how you don't understand this. I've even posted an uncut 10 minute video of the virus crashing while only the power cord is plugged in and it's sitting on the init patch.

I don't know why I'm even justifying your post with a response to be honest though. It was painfully obvious that don't want to hear any bad words about your precious synthesizer as soon as you started with the personal attacks. Sorry if I accidentally prevented your thread from turning in to the access music circlejerk you were hoping for!

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestry View Post
I can't believe what i'm reading in this thread!! Telson, are YOU actually reading this thread?? You're being a cock to guy that has a machine that is screwed!! And your last post, quoted above, will hopefully be your last on this matter as you shamble away knowing you're trolling a guy for no reason, given the quote from Sonis below, of course, which was posted yesterday!
Thank you haha.
Old 19.07.2009, 12:09 PM
Banned

+ 1000 kobayashi

Sonis are you playing with us?
Are you serious?
This error has nothing to do with latest os update.
Try to understand this.
You said that you are facing this problem almost since you bought this.
Are you serious ? Why didn't you ask Access to replace your machine ?
Old 19.07.2009, 12:14 PM
Pro
Pro

I think my Polar just sneezed in Cubase... buzz of noise then a staticy burst after about 2-3 hours of (light) usage in cubase, only two parts, happened when in playback changing between oscillator types quickly. Happened the next two times I did playback and tweaking.

I normally dont push the virus like that because I know its sensitive to overload while playing back tracks/reading the forums. That error sound familiar to everyone?
Old 19.07.2009, 12:38 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Hi Sonis

After watching your you tube vid there is definitely a major problem with your virus.
I suspect it has nothing to do with the OS it looks more like a major hardware fault.
Maybe a power supply problem i dont know.
But send it back and get a replacement for it man.

I feel for you mate it must be driving you up the wall.
Old 19.07.2009, 01:56 PM

send it back to your dealer and they will send it to access to repair it

its a pain in the ass but thats the only good solution
Old 19.07.2009, 03:24 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
it's the same meter, but it's more accurate.
I meant, where is any meter? I always wanted to know how much I load up virus.
Old 19.07.2009, 04:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
I meant, where is any meter? I always wanted to know how much I load up virus.
Top right of the Single or Multi play pages. It's a little rectangle that works like a battery meter - the more bars in it, the more DSP the patch is using.
Old 19.07.2009, 05:54 PM
New here
New here

Smile

I would agree with goldenanalogue; first, it definitely sounds like it might be worth the trouble to look into whether there's a hardware defect that's a factor.

If that's too much to contemplate (I can understand this! Shipping around keyboards these days is pretty risky, unless you drive it there yourself), then I really do think the whole USB connection is an area you should investigate more thoroughly.

I've been reading around online and I'd never heard until recently that USB can have real problems with noise, especially if there are any grounding (or worse, ground loop) issues with your computer. It's entirely possible that there's something like that going on with your Virus/PC USB connection.

I would try updating it with a different computer, try a variety of options -- a laptop, a Mac, whatever -- borrow if you have to -- to see whether it makes any difference. Or first, take _everything_ off your USB connections and only connect the Virus and try going that way.

Just trying to help! I had problems with one version of the TI OS update, back around the 2.x time frame, and Access proved very helpful. Like many boutique synth companies (Clavia, Waldorf), they're small, so patience and good cheer is required in communication (hey, this is even true with big companies! <g>). Just hang in there and eventually you'll find a solution, one way or another.
Old 19.07.2009, 08:28 PM

Finally got ahold of access support by closing a ticket that was unanswered for 2 weeks, and they're getting in contact with the place I ordered it from (sweetwater) to see if they have another TI2 that I can swap it out with and can send my unit back to the access office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telson View Post
+ 1000 kobayashi

Sonis are you playing with us?
Are you serious?
This error has nothing to do with latest os update.
Try to understand this.
You said that you are facing this problem almost since you bought this.
Are you serious ? Why didn't you ask Access to replace your machine ?
I never said it had anything to do specifically with the latest update. The problem hasn't been this severe since I got the unit, and some days it isn't AS bad as others (it'll only crash every 20-30 mins or so and not ever 50 seconds on some days). Not to mention in the first two months worth of contact with access support they specifically told me to wait for an update to fix the problem, so why would I not think it was a problem with the software originally?

Also, why would I be playing with you? It's not like I have anything to gain by making an internet forum think my synthesizer is broken... That'd be totally imbecilic.
Old 20.07.2009, 12:23 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Just read through the thread...

First of all I feel sorry for you guys having trouble with the TIs - so many problems, so much money spent!

Secondly, Telson my friend, you are a complete wanker and should be kicked off the forum. I am not one for personal attacks (stop grinning old UaVF members), but your comments are not helpful to anyone, and your obvious fanboi style can affect Access as threads like these go for much longer than they need to.

So suck it up and fuck off. Meant in the nicest way of course.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut